How can we improve Discord?

Notification when someone comes online

Notifications for when your friends come online instead of constantly checking discord would be nice.

There should also be an option to only get notifications for certain friends or certain servers.

It would also be nice to set up the notification to let you know when someone starts playing a game.

213 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BreadBread shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SakaarsonSakaarson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the feature I want most. I came from Skype, and it's really annoying/cumbersome to have to manually scroll through my friends list every so often, just to see if someone came online.

• |<>||<>| commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful for holding game sessions and to actively use role-play servers.

• ZeztiZezti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was looking for a setting for this, surprised to see it wasn't a thing yet.

• JaynxJaynx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe also the option to say "Notify me when <so and so> comes online and is playing <such and such>"

• Rebecca1223Rebecca1223 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this is very similar to the steam system where it sends a mini pop up at the bottom right of your scree saying if someone came online and when they started playing game.

• zhanaformzhanaform commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing. Even better if you could tag specific people as "starred" or important like Battle.net favorites. I hate having to check just to see if someone I wanna game with is online every half an hour or so rather than just getting a pop-up "So-And-So has come online."

• GI RedCowGI RedCow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you could make a box where it said "Notify me when this user gets online" for users on your friends list or in mutual servers, it would be great.

• SD.LycanrocSD.Lycanroc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd certainly love to know when someone comes online rather than checking every 30 minutes.

• ChukkzyChukkzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please make this happen. If people have privacy issues you can make this an opt-in/opt-out option. Especially for friends this will be very useful as you can see when an important person comes online and you can chat them up

• señordelsolseñordelsol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like not to have to manually check 4 times per hour... I actually have friends who do not want to join me on discord and they'd rather stay on skype because they don't get a notification sound when a friend comes online.

• ThePrattattackThePrattattack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this! Maybe even on the iPhone because I play with people halfway around the world, and instead of staying up all night just set up a way to get a notification for certain people you choose, like my own alarm clock on the weekends!

• ViroroViroro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggested this too just today, but I see someone already did it before me! Discord is already great, but if it had notifications when someone comes online it'd be absolutely perfect!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base