How can we improve Discord?

stealth mode for Admins/Mods

The Idea is simple, be able to assign a role to either an entire roll group and or specific people. So Mods and Admins in this case would be able to join a voice server Without the Mods/Admins actually showing up as being in the voice channel. It could even work well for text chats make them not pop up in the side list or something? This would allow Admins or Mods or witch ever roll to moderate a certain voice or text channel(s) without other users knowing they are there take this scenario for example.

Example: someone comes to you and you are either a Admin mod or owner etc… that someone or multiple people in a voice chat or text chat is either doing something against the discord server rules or against clan rules or maybe just plain illegal but as soon as a Admin or Mod joins the channel there going to shut up about what ever there talking about but with this feature the Admin or Mod can click on their name in the side and hit a button that says something like stealth mode: on/off or perhaps even a /command or something which would allow said admin or mod to join that voice server without popping up and he can hear or in a text chat case see what that person or persons is talking about and make a decision from there.

1,573 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dragnnight shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mr. Crowne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some people who think this is creepy or illegal.

You people have no concept of what is right or wrong if you truly believe that.

You don't have the right to be ass-hats in someone else's server if their rules say so.

IF otherwise, then that's a whole new scenario.

I would also point out to the people who think this is creepy or illegal...

We can already do this anyways. Just put yourself in offline mode. No one can tell you are there.

• Jimmy Lilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an amazing feature. When running a server if someone comes to me and says that so and so are breaking the rules, this feature would make it easier to catch them in the act rather than going off the word of another user. This isn't illegal btw, admins have done this kinda shit for a lot stuff. They done it with games too, popping in on the server invisible and watching the players to see if they break any rules

• About47Pandas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*Not illegal*

Ease dropping in your own home for example isnt illegal. If you own a server, you monitoring your server isnt illegal.

So mainly, recording someone in a legal sense, is meant to be used in a legal sense.

If I record you legally, I can legally use it in a court of law.

If I do not legally record you, then I cannot use it in a court of law.

If you are in a public discord, the same way you can be in a public space, your right to privacy is unreasonable, so much so that if you are recorded...- well, perhaps you should be a little more aware of what you say in the public eye.

Without getting getting into linking a plethora of links supporting this, research it yourself, it is not illegal.

• -TheNintendoKraken- commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want a ability so that admins can join in voice chats silently without their names visible so they can moderator easier e.g someone is swearing and when an admin joins they stop so they can't be punished.

• Ethan_0N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Soo I have quite live big server, and I thought would be nice to go and listen to them, but , I dont wnat to be cought becouse Im in offline mode...
    So the main idea is new function to admins of the servers, not moderators only admins, to connect to voice channels while in offline mode, so that you wont be shown in app or overlay. At first I thought it would be creepy, but it is useful thing, you can always go to big party (also spy mode adding extra slot for admin) and listen to them, and find out who is braking your server rules))

• Venima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I have a personal discord account, and a professional discord account. Personal I keep among my close friends, professional is everything related to my project. Unfortunately I can't log into both at the same time on my tablet. This stealth suggestion was going to be my next go-to, but alas I can't do this either. At the end of the day, I want to keep my work and social life separate, but I don't know how I can with discord.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base