How can we improve Discord?

Profile Upgrade (Express yourself)

Being able to express yourself through your profile more.
Some of the features could include:
- Status message (like skype, short, easily changed, first thing to see when messaging someone or looking at profile)
- "About me/Bio" section
- Birthday (server alerts of when it's someone's birthday would be a cute addition)
- Websites (instagram, twitch, steam, twitter, etc)
- Location (some people like having others know where they're from (country/state or province/city)
- Mobile/Email contact forms

These are just the first few that come to mind. There's always room for more.

All features should of course be optional. Everyone has a choice how much information they want to share, and there should also be a privacy setting as to who can see all the information as well as how much (private (self only), friends, friends of friends/servers, public).

I believe this would be a good feature to discord because there's people (like myself) who wishes to be able to express themselves more freely. Having only my profile picture and the game I am playing displayed for others to see feels very limiting.

12,765 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AyaneAyane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

406 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RyuliseRyulise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing I care for really is a short summary so I can put in my 3DS friend code.

• sBeastbumsBeastbum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want people to know your email, go to User Settings > Streamer Mode > Options then you'll see the first one, which when enabled, it hides email, notes, anonymizes DiscordTags, which is titled as "Hide Personal Information" an when disabled, it shows email, notes, and doesn't anonymize discordtags

• GODBRAHGODBRAH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the feature to customize server backgrounds to an image related to that server, custom server shapes, years of service, where buttons are, ect

• NICKTHEGAMER_NICKTHEGAMER_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yo, there could also be custom status, like you could add- browsing, and recording, stuff like that

• YemperYemper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some servers that people own that are mean't to keep private for different reasons, but profile features has already been told in here.

• KannaKanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to your profile, you can have a textblock about you that people go on your profile and see, you can set a section about servers the user owns, and things like that.

• brianbrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to set a "profile status" which is globally visible. This could be used for if you are inactive or something, and you don't want 1,000 dms when you get back from people asking if you died.

• YemperYemper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea, but I'd have more badges on my profile too, like say I'm Hypesqaud and Nitro, which I am. Then they'd both show up. But it would get kind of crowdy so they kind of have to watch out. +1

• NeroNero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see profiles be more alive, with features such as upload a banner with the profile picture, a description in the "note" section, lets be honest a description that you would write for others to read would be much helpful than a note only you can read, but we could have both too.
    Something i want too is profile links, just like invitation links that you can use the whole link or the code, profiles could also be like that, you could add people with the name#tag and with the profile link (e.g. Nero#2936 discord.gg/2936).
    When you access the link you would have a option to add Nero#2936 and to see his profile before adding (profile, banner, description, etc)
    I could think of more but these are just some of the features i realy want to see in 2017 (along with screenshare ayy)

• RoukaysaRoukaysa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like this idea, it would take from Discord what's unique about it and just make it look more like skype

• jazzfanjazzfan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the absence of an "enhanced" Profile Upgrade, I found 256 characters for Profiles Notes insufficient for my needs. I'd like to see this field increased to 2048 characters which would be adequate for most supplemental "free form" User Bio content.

• HonzaHonza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like everything except Location. Discord if you are reading this comment somehow, im warning you if you add location bad stuff will start happening and your ratings will probably go down just sayin'

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base