How can we improve Discord?

Players local time

I think adding everyone's local time somewhere by their name would be helpful. When playing with people from the other side of the world, knowing what time it is for them would help to make planning to play together easier.

10,171 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lady-Z shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

229 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wordblood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

-1 for displaying the local time of other users, as some people may prefer not to disclose that. However, an ability to mention a time (possibly with some sort of markdown, to avoid it messing with messages like "today was the worst, I didn't get off work until 23:30") and have it show up as a local time for everyone viewing the message would be nice.

• zolris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in a server with people from all across the globe. its hell to try to find a time good for everyone and this would really help.

• Kendu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And also including a feature that if I type 16:30 or 4:30 in chat and you hover the mouse over it in another timezone you get your time for that event that is posted.

The manual timezone translation should be a thing of the past in todays global community age.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have this feature. We literally have people around the globe. and it's difficult to track time

• xMASTERxt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea but I want an option to turn it of. People could know where you are from(kinda).

• John Forge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! It would also be nice to have an icon to indicate the approximate time of day!!

- between 1 AM and 12 PM : rising sun
    - between 12 PM and 6 PM : setting sun
    - between 6 PM and 1 AM : moon

• cj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as it is opt-in. I don't want everyone to know what time it is for me.

• Jampinoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Say on the top right, there's a symbol that look like a time, if you click it then it will slide down a menu and it shows the time with different time zones to know the time of your mates.

• Nevbox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the timezone to almost be a Tag that is auto suggested while typing. Timezone confusions are very annoying. Messenger attempts to do this is a similar way

• Valle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uff... So needed. I run an international server and it is a pain trying to schedule stuff for everyone, if I don't know what time it is for the different members

• Duckles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as many people said, by default off and turn it on optionally, otherwise, definitely useful, especially for moderator applications because they can see who will be awake during what hours to make sure a mod or 2 can be online all the time

• Cheetah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to have an option to do this, although it might be something that would benefit from being able to be toggled both for per-user, and per-server.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base