How can we improve Discord?

Less intrusive notifications.

It would be great if the program could use some notifications like the taskbar new messages, the current desktop notifications, besides getting in the way of the screen, makes me pause my work, while drawing for example, because when it appears it makes me unable to click on the screen until either the notification disappears by itself, or until I click the notification to see the message, please, fix this, it's the only thing keeping me and friends of using this program fully.

Being able to disable the desktop notifications while still keeping the sound notification on would be a good option too.

1,248 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

comfysaur shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

256 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Thalia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years and you haven't fixed the single biggest problem with your program. It's really starting to look like skype has better management than discord, and that installing discord was a mistake.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen! The notifications are so fucking bad I usually just turn off discord when I'm not actively using it because they are so obtrusive and god awful. They presently provide 0 value to the application. Please fix your shit.

• psykez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 comment, still not addressed - it should not take priority over my current app.

• crowbar45 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very, very annoying. I don't see why the notifications need to go on top of the whole display. I'm surprised this still hasn't been addressed 2 whole years later...

• kruth666 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years and 247 comments, and still no response. Is it so hard to fix? I've never seen any application having this problem, this discussion shouldn't have existed in the first place. I have to hide notifications because of it.

• Xenote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im not sure if this is exclusive to windows 8 and 10 or not, but you you should be able to go to "settings" in your task bar, then go to "notifications" ("notifications and actions" if you're running windows 10) and turn off the banners but keep the sounds.

• Leslie Cottonbutt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, I'm sick of pausing my my work because I literally can't click anything on most of the right side of the screen when notifs pop up.

• Aersil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, this is a huge issue just for basic computer usage. I'm always browsing through other windows with discord in the background, and this completely stops my progress. Not to mention writing, drawing, gaming... Please fix this!!

• AmarantaYuuki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this, it's very inconvenient that I can't do anything on my screen when the notifications pop up, but I don't want to turn them off entirely.

• noricom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not everyone uses Windows 10.
    The issue shouldn't be to just use Windows 10, but to fix this very simple issue

• Trucido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I turn my moniter on in the morning and all the notifications start going one after another. Cant do anything for a good hour because I got a hundred notifications popping up even though theyre hours old

• abmakko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

237 comments now and still no response. this issue is so frustrating for creatives and artists alike. we want notifications but not to intrude on our clicking and layers on the screen. why is that so difficult for these people to just solve. even telegram is far less intrusive than this. what the hell???

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base