How can we improve Discord?

In-Chat Buttons for Bots

Give bots the ability to create 'buttons' (clickable text) that performs an action; either making the user send a command, or perhaps sending an event to the bot.

This would allow bots to display links for people to click that performs an action.

597 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Programmix shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IdkGoodName commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buttons in embeds for bots. Basically when user clicks button, then it would do specific event for bot.

• a few of the dead sexy bots on here already do, Neko Chan being one, they utilize emoji reactions to give you a GUI of sorts but still keeping the flow of data as text (it kind of always is anyway) and simple, put emoji X here, look for increase in emoji X, or something like that, it's really beautiful to see as a interface tbh, and i'm trying to get the creator to add that to every function of the bot (or almost anyway) so that other than a few commands, everything can be done by mouse

• SkipON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(Warning, Google translator!!! :3 )
    On many servers there are bots using text commands. Why not make the chat menu on the right button to add fast commands?
    An example for "!!!play <url>" the owner can create a button "Launch music ...", and the user only needs to write a link.
    As a result, the chat is sent "!!!play <link from the user>"

• Logix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where I can see bots, which are using *reactions* as buttons? :)

• skellskull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately needed. Bots are so limited because of it compared to Slack. The only option is to use reactions which is: slow, ugly, and goofy to implement.

• Blanc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this may be abused by the random bad apple of the bunch, I think it would be extremely helpful for users and devs alike.

• BleuDiamant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For additional confort of use I think it would be relevant if the bot were to send some sugestions of command under the form of miscellaneous buttons just as :

http://imgur.com/DpnKHZC

After that the user can click on button to execute the command

• Vap0r1ze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything that can be abused with a text command can be abused with this, meaning introducing this feature would not increase the rate of bot abuse.

• Lachee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Slack has this feature but they make it a pain to use (HTTPS servers only with quiet strict measures). I would love to see this in discord and implemented with the Gateway.

• CodeCo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow them to give buttons above the text bar for easy interaction. It would make bots fun, because no typing to remember :D

• Macdja38 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if slack webhook buttons worked in discord with the new webhooks feature!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base