How can we improve Discord?

Make the "Block" function actually block people

As it currently stands, the "Block" function merely stops you from seeing the blocked users messages (and has a thing to let you click to see their messages for some reason?). This is not actually a block function at all and if anything should be renamed to "Hide messages".

The block function should stop the blocked user from seeing my messages too, auto-mute them in voice chat and also should not have a "click to see message" since, if I'm blocking someone, why would I want to see the messages? Perhaps put a little icon next to the user's name to indicate they're blocked too.

2,015 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

507 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ma3oony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i noticed if i blocked an annoying someone, he's still able to see my posts and comment on them, i want when blocking someone, he never sees my posts to prevent any further conflicts from one sides , i want some peace of mind

• Sapporo_Ishikarikuma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord please, add this.
    The block feature must be updated like that!

It should've been in the first update at all............
    I blocked so many randumbs and idiots and I keep saying the "blocked message", even though I don't give a fuck about their existance at all. What I need with this feature is to permanently delete their asses from my Discord window.

It's been almost three years that Discord hasn't done anything like this, do we have to ask them to read this one in the Support Section so they can bear to keep us up-to-date?

• AlexGamingTGS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can there be an update where that you blocked a person and they don't show online and you don't see blocked messages but don't see their messages? Just to be on the safe side!!!

• Ga-Rei Shiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AND it shouls also hide the blocked persons status... don't care what he is doing or if he even is online

• rectrix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn’t this a thing yet? Like seriously discord, fix your block feature.

• Yuki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel the same about this. I even blocked a person and she decided to treathen me through a friend's account.. I reported her for doing so, but discord did nothing about it. I keep seeing that they type in mutual servers, but the messages are blocked. I'd rather just not see their messages and their names in the servers we're mutually in. I dont want to leave these servers since they are owned by streamers i have nothing against and still want to support.. Please fix this! It's really annoying that i keep seeing the names of people i dont want to deal with anymore...

• AGAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the community & developers really have their priorities straight. It should have been a real block command from the beginning, not this one-way hiding bullshit that doesn't even do that well. I'd really love to hear an official response as to why there is so little action happening to fix a basic, yet very much needed feature. Nothing they'd say would be good enough to excuse this.

• Nikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are they purposefully ignoring this? This needs to be a thing for the love of crap.

• Bartol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have discord like id 3 maybe 5 years and still block just hide not block :/

yea but what block mean in discord ? its mean to hide not block :/
    after blocking a person when such a person writes something instead of an empty field we have a frame with information that X messages have been blocked ... it would be great if you could not see it because blocked means not that you want to hide his messages its mean you do not want to see them its noisy i block one time person who falming me on one chanel i bock them and discord just hide it not block

its tilt me alsoe we block them but there is still something what we can press to see what thay write

• vhaerauning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kind of astonishing that there isn't a proper block function. Please add one. This is a basic safeguarding issue.

• DK___ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "blocked messages" icon is obnoxious, it takes up more space than most messages in the servers that I am in. A possible alternative could be maybe a time stamp, like the normal timing indication, with an asterisk by it or something to indicate that there is something there.

• Michi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can't believe after all this time DISCORD STILL hasn't made the blocking function a thing. It'd be nice if there was an explanation to their reason why they make this feature the way it is...it's bullshit.

• Kiisu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please. I really don't want to see some peoples messages or know that they exist anymore.. That's why I block them. Not so I can get a sneak preview of their next bs post.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base