How can we improve Discord?

Role Count

Increase role count limit. 250 is way too small for large servers. 500-600+ would be much more preferable.

740 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Narwhal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RedBlaze45 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am doing a particular server for youtubers to share links on. I'll soon run into problems since we do a role for each nation and a role for each language. There are around 200 nations and around 6'000 languages in the world. I know already that it's gonna be impossible for me to create that many roles but it would be nice for you to increase the limit from 256 to 512. Please do it T.T

• Muphet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i dont see problem with 250 roles being not enough. discord is supposed to be gaming community area, if you are bringing college to IM, try different platform

• I completely agree with this, the role limit of 250 is a bit small for my discord server and I need to keep creating roles supposedly it's a mash up rp server with mario, jojo, sonic, star wars, and dragon ball. Also doing main events for fun to keep the server from dying. This increase is mostly important to me because of the majority of people joining.

• ShadowOp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. Some server setups require multiple roles per game. With only 250 i'm severely hampered in how many games i can support.

• ArthurPro11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think, it should be increased, Me and my Community belive in lots of roles, and Im gonna hit the Limit if its not gonna get Increased anytime soon,. Pls \help

• ✪ FBomb™ 💣 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think role limits should be based on membership numbers. 0-1000 = 250 roles. The more members you have, the more roles you can have. It would give incentives for growing servers.

• why do i do this commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

although it has been 2 years, I agree with this because I am trying to make this Role Collecting Server, but we just ran out yesterday.

• A*Lu+゚Na♪ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT NEEDS TO BE MORE LIKE 600 MAYBE KPOP SERVERS RUN OUT OF ROLES QUICK THERES GROUPS PLUS BIASES IN THAT GROUP 250 IS NOT ENOUGH ree please fix sorry caps

• rinimt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This limit really needs to get upped. Some Pokemon GO servers can easily hit the max already and it's only going to get worse with more gens.

• Coward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a higher role capacity in my server because I am making fun of a discord I got banned from that had a lot of useless roles and I am upping the game by making a lot more and in a few days I am at over 100

• cam.oflage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run a SU fanclub server, and it would be so much better for me to be able to make 2 topaz color roles, and 3-4 sapphires, instead of just comprimising with one.

• Jason Khanlar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A few days ago I kicked about 20 bots from my server, created 20 roles, and then reinvited all of the bots back to the server for a total of about 270 roles (20+ of them auto created for bots, and extending beyond the 250 limit). I am out of roles again and I calculated that I can create 15 more roles if I kick ALL of the bots this time, create role placeholders while there are 0 bots in the server, and then reinvite all of the bots back into the server, to have maximum use of all the 250 roles that are technically possible to attain.

Unfortunately, a tiny bit I am deterred from doing this due to a few reconfigurations and channel permissions I'll have to make sure are reconfigured again. I'll do it, but, for every 500,000-1,000,000+ discord server, for every person who may potentially encounter similar dilemma, it seems practically unnecessary, waste of time, given the simplicity of automation and easing the effort for humans to achieve such things. I noticed requests on the Discord feature request website (I can't remember it off the top of my head), asking for making the bot roles not count towards the 250 role limit. Is this feature still in consideration maybe?

• Naklita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently max role capacity is 250 and this is a really small number for roleplaying servers and such. We would like that maximum role capacity to be doubled... doubled to 500 cause 250's not enough for a roleplaying server as we neeed to create kingdoms,classes,races E.T.C

• 345boneshoss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my server, I use the jColour bot to make so many color roles for my members, and a role restriction of 250 will clearly not be enough to satisfy those people. Also, bot roles shouldn't count as a part of the role amount limit either.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base