How can we improve Discord?

Threaded Text Chat

Add a feature to sort chat by conversational threads. Threads are automatically generated when users reply to a topic of conversation. Users can sort posts by date or threaded topic. A new topic can have a title. Topics can be linked, merged and so on.

887 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SquinkyDinky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

231 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdolfDerrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Dabbit Prime why you dont create that ? It's a like facebook or twitter it's a kind of base, then put the possibility to use it or not!

• AdolfDerrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Richard commenté · lundi 10 septembre 2018 16:06 · Signaler comme inapproprié
    Dyzalonius comentado · 10 de septiembre de 2018 16:02 · Marcar como inapropiado
    Gehock commented · September 10, 2018 16:00 · Flag as inappropriate
    ReanimationXP commented · 06 September, 2018 20:47 · Flag as inappropriate
    Atila commented · August 21, 2018 07:44 · Flag as inappropriate
    Dyzalonius commented · August 02, 2018 00:24 · Flag as inappropriate
    Example concept: https://i.imgur.com/mi2vZT0.png
    Dude your exemple is just perfect !

It's amazing a lot of comments and it's still not started, it's been a long time since it should have been there?

• phillphd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've moved our community to Discord from Slack but the thing we're missing is threaded chat. It's missed enough that we've discussed a move back to Slack. That being said, I'm very impressed by the amount of iteration I've seen and the features that have been aded even in the last few months. Fingers crossed this is somewhere on your feature roadmap.

• linzlu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use slack for work and discord for not work, this is the one feature that discord is truly lacking and makes switching between the two difficult.

• Aron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Richard commented · 10 September, 2018 15:06 · Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, w the exception that messages without any threaded replies (0 replies) should not have a dropdown button, and i'm not sure what exactly the voting on messages / replies is for.

I guess the votes are something you find in Reddit. Basically agree/disagree

I just added a bunch of possibilities to the concept art, such as voting like on Reddit. It would be useful for certain channels to have default-reactions that every message gets.

yeah this would enable us to use way less channels for certain things

Yes i agree this is very good thing that i like and useful to do because threading is very good and useful i like threading in reddit because it easy to track and i can keep track of things because they are threaded and this is not threaded so it's hard to keep track of things and stuff

i like threading cuz it cool innit

Threading for discord would be really interesting

• Jordan Abey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Richard commented · 10 September, 2018 15:06 · Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, w the exception that messages without any threaded replies (0 replies) should not have a dropdown button, and i'm not sure what exactly the voting on messages / replies is for.

I just added a bunch of possibilities to the concept art, such as voting like on Reddit. It would be useful for certain channels to have default-reactions that every message gets.

Yes i agree this is very good thing that i like and useful to do because threading is very good and useful i like threading in reddit because it easy to track and i can keep track of things because they are threaded and this is not threaded so it's hard to keep track of things and stuff

i like threading cuz it cool innit

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

• masiboss / Marcelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dyzalonius kommentierte · Montag, 10. September 2018, 16:02 Uhr · Missbrauch melden

• Dyzalonius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

• Gehock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

• ReanimationXP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

• loli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Atila commented · August 21, 2018 7:44 AM · Flag as inappropriate

I agree, that's well done

• strophy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this as well! Discord has heavy adoption from crypto community groups, and threads would help organise discussions that take place across different time zones, since the topic can shift quite rapidly under high chat volume! Please vote!

• somydelafomy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gosh I can't believe you don't have that feature yet!! This would make this app so much better. Slack supports it pretty well.

• Hedwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On discord, people ask questions, and then people answer. When the answers and the questions are on the same level it's hard to find the question in the first place, and people give up trying to answer.

Everyone asks questions. We need this feature to clean up Discord

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, threads are heaven on any chat system. How come it is not yet available on Discord. I mean... how difficult is it ?
    Regards

• Yubi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put a pointer to a message id.. have the client side build it out and sort by time

• zettel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

right now i was - searching - for this. a must have. please make slack obsolete.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base