How can we improve Discord?

Threaded Text Chat

Add a feature to sort chat by conversational threads. Threads are automatically generated when users reply to a topic of conversation. Users can sort posts by date or threaded topic. A new topic can have a title. Topics can be linked, merged and so on.

499 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SquinkyDinky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

140 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jimmyjames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh man we need this so bad, can we please have threads! This is the biggest thing we miss from Slack, without threads there are too many notifications for the team, threading would make a huge difference for keeping track of conversations. Aside from that Discord is superior in so many ways, so well designed and build, thank you for such a good platform! 🙌

• Captain Fomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we've just migrated from slack, and have way less engagement due to this single feature.. pretty please consider improving Discord in this way! :D

• justascratch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of threads is seriously the only reason for our 5000+ users Slack (OK, OK, about 1000 active users) to NOT migrate to Discord at this time. Highly desired feature.
    Also: quotes. Please. If Slack can do it, so can Discord.

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will completely remove the need for forums on the website. It also helps because I have 900+ members on one of my servers and 300+ on another. My mods try to keep people on topic but sometimes the solution is to have more channels which can be annoying to users.

• Anuxinamoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many crypto slack communities itching to move over, but the lack of threaded replies is the only argument we have left to stay in slack.

Quoting will also be a huge help towards this feature!

• NickyNoToes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 - Always wanted this feature, also gives a way to "respond" or add additional comment to a previous post. Also, would give Discord a running for work implementations over skype ,teams, slack, etc.

• NickyNoToes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 - Always wanted this feature, also gives a way to "respond" or add additional comment to a previous post. Also, would give Discord a running for work implementations over skype ,teams, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base