It would be awesome if this feature would be implemented.
Here is how i think it should work:
-Whenever you enter a server you get a prompt to download and display the theme.
-You can disable the prompt in settings
-Admins can add the themes background(1920x1080) etc. in server settings
-You can disable theme anytime soon in settings
I really hope you will implement that feature as it would be awesome.
Just like chrome
Frances Picard commented
Absolutely yes! Make it nitro only.
I honestly would not mind paying for themes, it's such a good idea.
Ever wanted to give your own version of discord a different look?
A Glass like texture, so you can see your epic wallpaper? (slightly blurred)
or add your own picture? center it perfectly? make it into tiles? stretch it?
or just change the colors?
thats what my idea is and i hope there are people out there who would like it aswell
In my opinion, it'd be a good feature to add a possiblity of making own, custom themes. It'd be a compromise for both people who prefer decorated interface and people who'd rather like something simple and flat. And possibly also some easy way to make very own themes.
Maybe nitro only, idk
This exists. Its called better discord
⓴ BRANDEN LEE ⓴ commented
I would like to take the time to clarify this idea here because i see alot of benefits for discord and theme devs.
Why this would be a good idea and who would benefit from this
* Discord & Theme devs would benefit from this if discord allows theme devs to sell themes on a theme store made by discord if they are a discord Nitro user.
My Concept for this.
1. Discord would make their theme store and make a few themes at first like
* Few paid ones where you purchase the them
* A few nitro only themes
* A few free themes.
2. Then Discord would allow Nitro Members only to upload themes they made to the store.
* Nitro Members only would be able to sell themes or post themes on the store.
* Discord could take a small percent of the money earned every month by that dev.
* Discord would check each theme that is made insuring that they are good themes.
3. User Interface and moderation of themes.
* The discord store should allow users to report themes for being broken or outdated.
* The discord store should allow devs to update their theme anytime and the users receive the update automatically.
* The discord store would only allow a certain file type to be uploaded to prevent malicious uploads to the store and a automated system to check the code.
4. Who discord should allow to use themes.
* Discord should allow anyone to use free themes made by discord but if they want premium or better themes instead of free ones they would have to purchase discord nitro or pay for the theme.
If i missed anything or you dont understand my idea then please let me know.
jesus christ commented
why cant we have custom themes :thinking:
I would say adding a customizable backround or text font. Maybe even a different backround for each server or friend.
Discord should allow server owners to add customizable Themes in the server. This includes changing the color, add background, banners, even images. Just by letting us either choose a color or go to our files and select one of our images to set up the Theme of the Server. This would be a great thing and it would make servers look more unique and special.
Kawaii Kun commented
i think adding custom theme could be good ebcause you know we only have dark theme and ultimately bright and annoying light theme
Not to say that the discord's background isn't beautiful. But I feel like having the community make certain wallpapers just to have, whether it be a personal piece of art or just a meme, I feel like this could make it more enjoyable for the people that have a whole monitor dedicated to discord.
what discord should do is let people post images off the files of the device and set it as a background for discord
please add a theme that allows the background to be swapped with an image that is uploaded,making all the things the correct lightness and darkness relative to the base background (where text is,the color of that background),with overlays to the image,and an option to pick whether to have the bilinear or nearest-neighbor filter on the image.
Nyeo Gyeo commented
I think we should have custom themes and animated themes. Or we can make our own themes or upload a image from the internet. This could be a good thing to work on and not have people complain about the grey/white.
So I figured that rather than use a 3rd party program to change the look of Discord, that this becomes a feature for Discord.
Allowing people to customize colors of specific things instead of having the choice of Dark or Light settings, that we can make our own.
Imagine if I wanted the background to be painted black but the text green with a custom font setting. Only I would be able to see this, though. A user's settings is clientside for them.
As for sound effects there should be an option to tick where if you click on something or receive certain notifications that you can set a specific sound effect for everything.
For example, when you get tagged @here you can set a sound from your computer going "GET TO THE CHOPPAR" or something of the sort.
John Wick commented
Add theme preset for the app appearance to help personalize the users experiences.
Rainbow Six siege theme included
-special emotes (thermite charges, grizmot mine,...)
-when someone mention you, instead of the normal text reader voice, it's an OP dialogue line like "Setting up my plus 1" [Alibi]
this post just an idea
throw your comment down below if you guys think this is a good idea or not and maybe add more D E T A I L S to it.
*67 shade_ commented
I'd like to see more themes to discords look.
These can be (but do not need to be) customizable like say a black-cyan theme or a green-white theme or any combination of colors that works well with discord. Just make something so it isn't as limited in terms of how discord looks.
Nvm, have betterdiscord to it.