Rules splash page, accesible in server menu
Many servers have a locked channel called #rules or the like for rules; however, this is a very non-ideal solution.
* Inflates channel numbers and annoys users on mobile,
* Creates problems when a coadmin needs to edit the rules - you will either constantly have to repost them or get the owner to edit them,
* Creates issues with readability on both very large and very small displays.
Not only that, but:
* Some users will simply NOT read a rules channel on a join, or they don't notice it for whatever reason.
* You may set the rules channel as the general, but this will have the downside of always booting your users to the rules page annoyingly whenever reloading Discord or moving to a new device.
* Creates readability issues - due to the difference in mobile and desktop markdown handling, you'll either end up with a large chunk of plaintext mess or something that fails to render correctly on one of the platforms.
* To put it simply, the current flow looks unprofessional and offers a poor experience.
For a service with many public facing, large chats, this may be essential.
* Each server can have a "Rules" page, accessible through the server dropdown menu at any time.
* When joining a new server, instead of having the modal, bring up a full splash page with the contents of the rules page, with buttons for joining or refusing to join.
* A role permission is needed to edit this page, but anyone with the permission may edit it.
* Rules pages should support near full markdown, with:
- Table formatting
- Header support
- Bullets and numbering
- Link markdown
- All the other markdown available in regular chat.
* (Unnecessary, but here for the record) Partners may be granted access to further formatting features, such as the ability to work with discord staff to create a welcome page using completely custom HTML.
If you have any suggestions or comments to add to this, please bring them to the comments of this post.
I'd add a timer or a "scroll 'till the bottom" thing before accepting. As far as i can tell, a lot of servers i'm in have problems with users not reading the rules, that addition would be really helpful!
Big vote for this! Needs to be added
I would love this for the many community sites I help manage!
This is an excellent idea, I'd love to see this implemented!
Why has this not been implemented yet? :(
Het the Cat (Polo) commented
As a staff member in 7 servers, This is an amazing idea and really needs some high priority.
@taciturasa: Well, as long there is not an "official" post here and it doesn't get closed/rejected people will still upvote and request it. Simply that.
For everyone here: this was already rejected internally, from my conversations with Jake. They don't tend to use the reject button on the feedback forums. Please stop upvoting it.
nazi mods. no one reads your rules. most of it is common sense. and other things are bannable; like attaching files etc
+1 to everything except the HTML thing. I like to have a coherent UI.
i would have to agree with this guy
King Waspy commented
My server needs this! Like 99% of people on there haven't read the #welcome and I had to create a role just for people who have read the welcome, and I had to make a mini quiz if you want that role.
Arkitekt1 // ƝɌ✧ νσι∂єη commented
+Middy yeah, that sounds like a good idea, but why not just make it up to the admins?
Arkitekt1 // ƝɌ✧ νσι∂єη commented
This is the best idea i've ever seen on the discord forum!
тнaт wolғιe commented
This is a must!