How can we improve Discord?

Recording Option for Voice Chat

It would be a great addon to the program to have a preset recording option for voice chat, just like other applications (Teamspeak for example).

Simply, you start the recording with the click of your mouse and at the end it would be coded in a common audio file (.wav or .mp4 for example) and stored in the folder you have selected.

To identify that someone is recording in the chat it could activate a notification by means of written text or an icon in the user who is recording. Of course this option should be add to the configurable permissions. So you could choose which rooms you can record and who can record.

As Podcasters (https://www.ivoox.com/escuchar-elitecast-2-0_nq_223541_1.html) we have been waiting for this option to exist in the application so that we can finally move to it for the recording of the programs. Thank you very much!

1,321 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

XPi2XPi2 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • timmyRStimmyRS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know about your contry, but in germany this is illegal as defined by § 201 StGB. The ToS would have to allow for such thing, and I would probably stop using Discord if the ToS where changed like that.

• sadponesadpone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allowing your voice to be recorded from your profile settings would be help this make sense.

• ZahvoneZahvone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be incredible to also add a feature alongside this - to save separate files for each user. This could be great for Content Creators on platforms like Youtube, but alongside the aforementioned post - podcasters as well.

• rel00prel00p commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think each speaker should have their own track/line, so that you can adjust their volume/mute individually during the editing stage.

• JOE JAZZERJOE JAZZER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the second text-block is written in () .wav or .mp4 for example. I would like if you could select the file typ and it would also god to have it in .mp3.

• ErictigerawrErictigerawr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was added directly into discord, I would hope to see a permissions feature required to actually use it in specific servers.

• LillendandieLillendandie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would only be for this feature if everyone in the channel was aware they were being recorded. Maybe there could be a "live" or red dot icon or the channel name in red.

• StewieFellowsStewieFellows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see how this would be helpful for those who can't record discord on a separate channel from their other audio.

• HenpemazHenpemaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see this performing any better than launching a different program for recording that is able to record your desktop's sounds.

Say, Audacity for instance, or any more professional alternative.

The "let people see who is recording and disable it" is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT because like I said they can simply launch any recording program and record the call without using Discord.

• dzScritchesdzScritches commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea but there should be a mechanism to allow the *other person or people on the call* to disable such recordings.

• MissyMissy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this! Was just looking for this button and Googling how to get it started for guild meetings.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base