How can we improve Discord?

Recording Option for Voice Chat

It would be a great addon to the program to have a preset recording option for voice chat, just like other applications (Teamspeak for example).

Simply, you start the recording with the click of your mouse and at the end it would be coded in a common audio file (.wav or .mp4 for example) and stored in the folder you have selected.

To identify that someone is recording in the chat it could activate a notification by means of written text or an icon in the user who is recording. Of course this option should be add to the configurable permissions. So you could choose which rooms you can record and who can record.

As Podcasters (https://www.ivoox.com/escuchar-elitecast-2-0_nq_223541_1.html) we have been waiting for this option to exist in the application so that we can finally move to it for the recording of the programs. Thank you very much!

2,498 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

XPi2 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

189 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Глеб Комалов commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Find, build or steal PC, notebook or VM with at least 1GB of RAM.
    2. Install 64 bit version of Lubuntu. (So hate Evolution in Ubuntu.)
    3. Install Discord deb packet from official site.
    4. Install autdio-recorder:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:audio-recorder/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install audio-recorder
    5(optional). Install MegaSync from mega.nz
    6(optional). Instal TeamViewer for remote access
    Configure all and you will get voice recorder for Discord.

• Pitcoin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this option I need it for many things and podcasting !
    Discord Team please add this option, and i would leave mumble and teamspeak for ever ! ;)
    This feature is necessary !

• Skittle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was already going to put this as an idea, but someone beat me to it. This is an idea I've wanted since I first started using Discord, so hopefully something comes soon!

• Melissa Treglia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been RPing on a Discord server via voice chat (my character's a demon and I use a voice changer app to provide the right atmosphere), and I would love to have recordings in the future of these sessions!

• Nesano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be illegal to record people in Discord? I know there are laws against stuff similar to that.

• ADandyCunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

literally was just talking to my friend about this. damn it i was hoping it was already a thing haha

• Arsenic13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this for podcast recording. Skype is awful and unreliable. Mumble is dated and clunky.

• SeeS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please I record gameplays with friedns and to have our voices in other track would be awesome.

• Ellie3102 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Recording option would be great and would more than likely get a lot more people to join

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base