How can we improve Discord?

More status options than "Playing"

What I think would be cool is if we would be able to set our status to other things than just "playing *game*". So what I would like to see added is that when choosing your status (Online, Inactive, Do not disturb), there would be a drop down menu where you can choose things like "Cooking *food*, Watching *movie*, Having a *activity*. If no game is being played the choosen status would show instead of "playing game".

Here are some ideas that could be featured:

Cooking "pancakes"

Watching "Rouge One"

Having a "party"

At "lunchbreak"

Working with "After Effects"

Creating "games"

Looking to play "Battlefield 1"

This is what it could look like: http://imgur.com/a/0iSgh

7,909 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JabbathefruktJabbathefrukt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

148 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TheBrowsTheBrows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OR:

-Have a customizable text status (google hangouts has a feature like this that would be a good example)
    --Then the options op mentioned such as "Having a party" "At lunchbreak" "Cooking pancakes" that don't relate to using a specific app could easily be done with a custom text status
    -Keep the optional playing status plus add some more prefixes that work with different types of apps besides games, such as "working with"/"using" (photoshop, ms paint, etc).

As funny as the status "Playing Photoshop" or "Playing Paint Tool SAI" kinda is, something like this would be nice

• RiversRivers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way Slack implemented this is perfect in all honesty, you can even include and Emoji that appear next to your name and when you hover over it in the chat feed it displays your status in a bubble

• jadjad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Also, PLEASE let us be able to rename apps that are "Verified." Games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive are too long to fit on the Playing thing and get cut off, and I can't even shorten it to fix that!

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom status messages would be especially good for bots. they would be able to say "my prefix is ..." instead of "playing my prefix is ..."

• ShentinoShentino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to post a custom status message

like when you go idle or do not disturb you should be able to explain why.

idle - asleep
    dnd - in court
    idle - going shopping

• DiniDini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, but also add support for adding the Netflix app to discord. (Watching Supernatural)

:)

• ClassicalMemerClassicalMemer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Really like the idea of this coming to discord. It's annoying when I added Google Chrome to discord games and named it "Netflix" so that people know i'm watching a film, I then get a message from some idiot saying "Is that game on steam?"

Please, Devs! Add this feature!!!

• FractyleFractyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to this, work with certain applications to give more details about what you're doing. For example, I wish you had the option to show what game mode you were playing in a video game.
    e.g. Playing Overwatch: Competitive
    And in this case, people would know that I'm playing comp, and would either know why I'm busy and not responding to messaging, or could come join me specifically for ranked matches.

• FaerylFaeryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really LOVE this idea and I wish I could get enough people to up vote it so the Discord Devs would begin programming it.

I would also love if there was an option to choose which servers our status of "Playing", "Cooking", etc could be shown to; basically turn off that feature for certain servers; especially ones with trolls. ^_^

• Sailor PurinSailor Purin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Playing" status should have more availability to customize. I get it that we can change it so whatever game we're "Playing", but what if we could change that word "Playing" to "Watching" or some other kind of action (rather, exclude nsfw stuff, keep it actually real, lol). For example, sometimes I stream shows for people on my Discord and maybe I'd wanna put my status as "Watching ____." Get me? Or maybe even "Streaming ____." Yeah? Just an idea. Maybe have a drop-down menu for it.

• Panic! At The DiscoursePanic! At The Discourse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I agree that Discord is for gamers, this is a good idea; Facebook has similar settings - and that's the biggest social media website in the world - so implementing them on Discord would attract more users. However, I think that since a "watching" option would be implemented, YouTube and Netflix integration should also come with that. I know you can connect your profile with your YouTube account already, but the status feature would then be able to show what videos you're watching.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base