How can we improve Discord?

More status options than "Playing"

What I think would be cool is if we would be able to set our status to other things than just "playing *game*". So what I would like to see added is that when choosing your status (Online, Inactive, Do not disturb), there would be a drop down menu where you can choose things like "Cooking *food*, Watching *movie*, Having a *activity*. If no game is being played the choosen status would show instead of "playing game".

Here are some ideas that could be featured:

Cooking "pancakes"

Watching "Rouge One"

Having a "party"

At "lunchbreak"

Working with "After Effects"

Creating "games"

Looking to play "Battlefield 1"

This is what it could look like: http://imgur.com/a/0iSgh

10,676 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jabbathefrukt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

250 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • pea boi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

straight to the point: i think yes, adding this seems to be a great idea!

pointless explanation:
    in my mind the only thing "bad" that could happen is if people change an unverified activity to something inappropriate... if any servers have anything wrong with that they'll most likely be warned or kicked, so punishment is already there for them if they decide out of the ordinary

• Pickle Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been thinking about it. It would be cool if we could change the "Now Playing" for your status.

• Odar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You cand add and "Watching option for example we have "Playing" when we play games and "Listening"from spotify now add "Wattching" for examplewhen usig netflix or some winwos media players and make it so we can say if we are watching something and discord is not detecting it :D

• Odar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You cand add and "Watching option for example we have "Playing" when we play games and "Listening"from spotify now add "Wattching" for examplewhen usig netflix or some winwos media players and make it so we can say if we are watching something and discord is not detecting it :D

• JaKe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see the "Watching" out of that entire list being implemented. Right now, only Bots ("BOTS tag") can use that feature! If you see any normal user with the "Watching" status, please report them via https://dis.gd/contact and if you don't know how to report a user, read up on this: https://dis.gd/howtoreport :)

• ShoeMaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can actually do this already, but you have to use a selfbot for it. There are SOO many valid uses for a selfbot, I'm very saddened that they're taboo. I wish they were allowed with a very specific set of guidelines so we could have our little scripts for aliases, acknowledging unread messages on 80 servers at once (to clear the unread notification that shows up for no reason...) Ohh... Right... Sorry for getting off-topic... I'll go start my own thread on it.

• ThePurpleBandit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know how on PC you can set your game to be anything, but there is one problem.. the word “playing” is at the start of the status. Most of the time, people make statuses from editing
    the name of their internet browsers. But, they’re mostly random phrases such as “editing a video”. My concern is just the grammatical correctness, because “playing editing a video” just doesn’t make sense. To wrap up my point here, I don’t think you should get rid of the playing status thing overall, I think it should just be a feature you could enable/ disable on your profile. Or if you guys want to be assholes about it, make it a Discord Nitro exclusive feature.

• Draewyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been more than a year and about 10.000+ votes ! What are you waiting for Discord ? :(

• HyperKittyINT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think your team should truthfully, and I mean REALLY.. Add some custom status messages. I hate to sound rude if I am, but the ol' "Playing/Streaming/" status is getting kinda old. For example, you could set the title of the status, and then the description, without even having to download Discord itself! I'll try to post a concept image soon.

• InBlue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are using an unverified game, such as a web browser, you can go into the 'Games' tab under your user settings and click on the 'Add it!' button, find your application and if it is unverified you can then change the name of it.

• ChunkyPat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should have a new status on discord called Looking to play just a little addition that I thought about.

• XmohandbenX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I need this, cuz I watch anime and movies more than playing.
    so something like "Playing: Vikings" or as I do "Playing: Watching: Vikings" is not cool
    please add this devs, and thanks btw

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base