How can we improve Discord?

More status options than "Playing"

What I think would be cool is if we would be able to set our status to other things than just "playing *game*". So what I would like to see added is that when choosing your status (Online, Inactive, Do not disturb), there would be a drop down menu where you can choose things like "Cooking *food*, Watching *movie*, Having a *activity*. If no game is being played the choosen status would show instead of "playing game".

Here are some ideas that could be featured:

Cooking "pancakes"

Watching "Rouge One"

Having a "party"

At "lunchbreak"

Working with "After Effects"

Creating "games"

Looking to play "Battlefield 1"

This is what it could look like: http://imgur.com/a/0iSgh

5,732 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JabbathefruktJabbathefrukt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JaceJace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see the ability to say your playing on a console or the ability to input your own custom game. "Playing Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis"

• Ulfric StormcloakUlfric Stormcloak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So we would be able to type in the thing after selecting the "watching" part

So like I'd hit "Watching" and then type in "A let's play on YouTube"
    Or I could click "Cleaning" and then type "My room" or "The kitchen"
    Or maybe "Cooking" and then type "Supper with the wife"

I love this simple idea.

• The SuspectThe Suspect commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if we get a "looking to play" option, can we also get a tag to go with it (like @here, but for people looking to play)

• JumboDS64JumboDS64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not just allow people to change the verb to anything? Basically, make the playing text completely editable.

• আলোপাশআলোপাশ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing for Discord as some people don't ONLY play games. This would be great for me though, knowing that at anytime I could make people think I have friends and I know how to cook... :D

• brvsnbrvsn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this is stupid; I mean maybe I would never use a status like Cooking or Having a party, but I would absolutely use something like "Working with". I'm on a few design servers (there are also comics servers, discord is growing and go further than being just a game chat program) and it would be helpful!

• WaiseHellWaiseHell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea but stupid. Like I'm sorry to say but Discord is all about gaming. It's useless. Just tell people you're doing whatever or change the program name even if it says "Playing".

• xCurlyxTopxxCurlyxTopx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's "Rogue One"... not "Rouge one". Rouge is French for "red". But I agree with this nevertheless

• ExpressExpress commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be interesting to see if you could use the IMDB and IGDB APIs etc too, link directly out to the external pages of the content where applicable/relevant.

• TurtleTurtle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeh I agree with ncortiz...
    And the status circle thingy should still be green.

• ncortizncortiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be better if instead of choosing a status from a dropdown menu you'd be able to write whatever you want as a status in a textbox.

• Seanm07i6Seanm07i6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only for just showing what you're doing but this would be useful so I can set a "busy" status without needing to set do not disturb as sometimes I still want to be notified of messages but just let others know I am busy.

• KorrolatKorrolat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, having a feature to add your own prefix would be great possibly! Currently, I already use the generic playing one to show what I am working on, but it would always be epic to have more customisation!

• KorrolatKorrolat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, having a feature to add your own prefix would be great possibly! Currently, I use the generic playing ne to show what I am working on, but it would always be epic to have more customisation!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base