How can we improve Discord?

More status options than "Playing"

What I think would be cool is if we would be able to set our status to other things than just "playing *game*". So what I would like to see added is that when choosing your status (Online, Inactive, Do not disturb), there would be a drop down menu where you can choose things like "Cooking *food*, Watching *movie*, Having a *activity*. If no game is being played the choosen status would show instead of "playing game".

Here are some ideas that could be featured:

Cooking "pancakes"

Watching "Rouge One"

Having a "party"

At "lunchbreak"

Working with "After Effects"

Creating "games"

Looking to play "Battlefield 1"

This is what it could look like: http://imgur.com/a/0iSgh

4,079 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JabbathefruktJabbathefrukt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

72 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • YukonYukon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really nice within development discords. I don't use discord for gaming, but rather game dev, and it would be a hell of a lot nicer if this was the case.

• DoogeDooge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See but now I'm just gonna set it to cooking up memes and leave it there

• eodceodc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also maybe Twitch stream detection? So when you go live, instead of saying Playing "[game]" it would say Streaming "[game]"

• ZandraZandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, if you're working in a game engine or something like that, it should say "Working In"

I.E. "Working In Unity"
    or "Working In Unreal Engine 4"
    or "Working In Game Maker Studio"

• FailsWithTailsFailsWithTails commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As is, people are already using loopholes to set non-game statii, so the demand is already there. Even without that loophole, Twitch integration copies the stream title, which is freely editted. On top of that, Twitch creative is here to stay, and Twitch IRL is up and coming. I know many communities that are more than just gaming groups - they're social-families that partake in other group activities. Only makes sense that Discord grows with it.

• JaviErreapeJaviErreape commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually you can do something like "working with" if you add the programs you work with (autocad, photoshop..etc) in the "detect game" tab in settings

• Serrara FluttershySerrara Fluttershy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I propose symbols also be integrated into the status to promote special circumstances, such as a cross for emergency situations, a projector silhouette for movies, a paintbrush for doing artwork, etc.

It'd be a nice improvemnt :3

• ProllgurkeProllgurke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it if there was a status like "music" and it could show the song you are currently listening to. Similar to last.fm and their scrobbling plug-ins for foobar etc.

• smuggerssmuggers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"muh discord was made for gaming" bye

i really think this idea is really creative and cool, would love to see this one put in, next to video/screenshare of course

maybe also connect like a netflix or video streaming thing and when you watch something on it, it displays what youre watching under your name w/o you having to change it

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base