Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

A-one shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • v.ersacee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know that this has been posted before, but it's been a very long time since then and the Discord team has still neglected it.

I'm bringing it up again. I paid for Discord Nitro the first day it came out, but then cancelled my subscription after learning that the GIFs don't autoplay. Most people don't scroll over messages so they'll never see it play.

The problem is, that's really the only truly appealing feature of Nitro to the average person, so when you take that away, the features of Nitro becomes extremely measly. I want to support Discord, but I also want to feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

Just make it autoplay and create an option to disable the GIF autoplay in the settings. Really simple solution. It's a win win for everybody: Discord gets more Nitro subscribers because there's finally a reason to buy it, and we, the Nitro users, finally get the full version of the feature that we wanted.

• Omni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There definitely needs to be at least some options for this. Maybe if we could enable auto playing of avatars in chat (not in the user list). It should be user configurable for sure as some people like the idea, and some people don't.

• HeelTurn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel the discord nitro gif profile pictures should play when discord is focused in windows. I feel a lot of gifs don't get seen because some people may not put their mouse over the message and miss it.

• 444444444444444444444444444 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with this. Sadly they won't do it and I was swindled in to wasting money on nitro once again, getting a refund until they have the competence to stop screwing over people who actually bother to spend money on their app. The whole reason why they won't: "Waaah people have seizures and it might trigger them" I told them to put in an option to disable autoplay but they won't listen. Guess we'll have to wait for an app that has the competence to listen to the community.

• ross ︵╯( °□°╯) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You'd be taking a performance hit by having that enabled, especially if you're in a room with a lot of people with animated avatars. If this is implemented, users need to have the option to turn it off. In all honesty, though, it just sounds like it'd be an annoying distraction in the interface rather than a useful feature.

• Hazel 💤 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that would be really annoying to see all avatars moving and that would require a lot of performance for the pc.

• TheAggyBong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do so so that GIF avatars are played constantly so you do not have to point the mouse at the text and the image

• LocalFatBear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of now, the only way to see someones animated pfp is to hover over it. Recently Discord just made it so you can now see people's gifs in chat without hovering over them, I see no problem as doing it to the profile picture

• 『𝕃𝕦𝕒𝕟』 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the autoplay feature of the gifs in the nitro discord, when we are in a conversation the gif in the nitro user profile only works when we are with the cursor on it, this is annoying the gif should move alone while we chat.
    It'd be cool for the animated avatars to move all the time for everyone instead of only moving when hovering over their message

• Echo! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When making your profile a GIF, it should give a preview of what the pic is before someone hovers over your name.

• Yukihira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that it would be a good idea, and having a simple option to keep it as it currently is would take care of people who don’t want the change.

• Smiitster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I say make it a option in settings, for those people who dont have good internet or use mobile data they can turn off autoplay.

• xl'in commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make animated avatars (GIFs) move all the time with or without hovering your mouse over 'em.

• [AFK] CoalSephos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be nice, but would take a lot of mobile data to render all avatars in a server and make them move accordingly.
    Also loading times on servers would be longer as it has to render everyone's avatar, for example the Discord Nitro server would be unusable.

• Sammie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the only problem for me is that if i watch a gif for to long it will make me sick so i think it would be better if there is a way to turn it off

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base