Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

A-one shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andy the Otter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if the GIF in a Nitro User's avatar was constantly animated (both in the Member list and the message line), not only when one hovers their cursor over it.

Best regards,
    Andrei.

• KeViNtheMASTA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the gif play constantly everywhere it is shown. In the voice channels list, in the online/offline list and in the chat.

• Tekwhat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should have a toggle, and the gif should stop autoplaying when it scrolls off the page/out of view, like facebook messenger.

Also this should work with avatars too.

• Haalim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this option would not work with me by default, when discord looks at gifs for too long it can crash my client!

• Kenderama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea but only if it's a toggle so people can have it on or off, and server default on/off.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd only support this if it includes an option to disable it. Speaking of which, an option to disable the GIFs altogether would be nice.

• eeskaatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if it's a default auto play, please don't. other than that, an option to turn on autoplay or turn off is a good workaround.

• LW001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's forcing you to move your cursor over it so it doesn't use as much CPU.

• Ketra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Probably already been said, but I don't want this simply because I don't want lots of small movements distracting me on screen when I'm trying to read what people are typing

• Isek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Settings option OK, but i personally dont want to see all the gif moving.

• Plasma 🥚 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There would be, AT MOST, 18/22 gifs playing at the same time, if everyone in the server was sending messages had a gif avatar. Thats quite literally nothing when compared to, say, a chrome tab. People really do have toasters, on/off would be fine I suppose, the more options the better.

• Happy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To anyone who commented and sees this -

the CPU usage:
    - could be solved by only autoplaying the GIF avatar for their most recent message in each server. So if I am typing in say 4 servers, it only autoplays 1 in each, being the most recent message I sent.

And then it could only do it for the past 3 different people, so if 10 people type 1 message each and all have Nitro, it doesn't autoplay 10 gifs.

User Setting: Then make it a personal setting to never see them, always see them, or see them only on hover

Server Setting: And a server setting for the same things if a high density server wants to limit it and such.

Feedback and Knowledge Base