How can we improve Discord?

Whiteboard Integration

I think it would be nice if Discord had some kind of drawing board for sharing quick ideas that are less understandable through words, like telling your friend how you outplayed someone in League if you forgot to record it, or planning your strategy in CSGO, or just to draw pictures for fun. This would be very helpfel to Tactical gamers.
Imagine you're planning your strategy on that board with the map as background image, and during the operation you can press a key to make it appear in the overlay. Ideally, you can also ping the enemies' last know location or draw the route you're goin to take.
There in fact some live whiteboard sites but I'm not sure if they can work on phones and PCs at the same time, plus keeping a browser open like Chrome just for the whiteboard may affect performance.

This is not mine, but it looks great as a concept art:
http://s15.postimg.org/eju8lba9n/concept.png

I know it's a stretch but can we have it after you're done with the current upcoming features and you become open to suggestions?

Thank you for reading.

3,766 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

-MoUAdH--MoUAdH- shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DizeeDizee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It make sense if it was its own text channel, there could be an icon next to it as an indicator and it could have its own set of perms.

• DoctorChoyDoctorChoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be cool to have it enabled on the overlay. Have a hotkey to show/hide and allow everyone in the voice channel to draw on the game screen. Of course have permissions to allow/disable people from drawing in voice channels.

• scorpion451scorpion451 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed, seriously. I've used apps like this in other voice chat programs, and they have a huge number of uses both in professional communication and for simple chatting. Sometimes a simple diagram or doodle can say things better than hours of discussion.

• ThinkingSentryThinkingSentry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And allow server owners to disallow or make whiteboard only channels, like, for example, imagine a channel with the page being a whiteboard that anyone allowed to can draw on, without making a new message, that could make interactive maps that each player could modify to plan a strategy or something, that could be great.

• EndenDragonEndenDragon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of a quick and dirty whiteboard for chat, maybe a full blown whiteboard feature to go along with the planned screensharing feature?

• The T.C.The T.C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing I miss the most about the absence of MSN and why I spite Skype so much.

It's so FUN sending doodles to one another!

• InsertNameHereInsertNameHere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, we need that. It could be misused though, and I'm not talking about ugly eyeball-scorching drawings.

• _kd_kd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd suggest an extension mechanism that would allow for such a feature not this particular feature per se

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base