How can we improve Discord?

Whiteboard Integration

I think it would be nice if Discord had some kind of drawing board for sharing quick ideas that are less understandable through words, like telling your friend how you outplayed someone in League if you forgot to record it, or planning your strategy in CSGO, or just to draw pictures for fun. This would be very helpfel to Tactical gamers.
Imagine you're planning your strategy on that board with the map as background image, and during the operation you can press a key to make it appear in the overlay. Ideally, you can also ping the enemies' last know location or draw the route you're goin to take.
There in fact some live whiteboard sites but I'm not sure if they can work on phones and PCs at the same time, plus keeping a browser open like Chrome just for the whiteboard may affect performance.

This is not mine, but it looks great as a concept art:
http://s15.postimg.org/eju8lba9n/concept.png

I know it's a stretch but can we have it after you're done with the current upcoming features and you become open to suggestions?

Thank you for reading.

2,265 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

-MoUAdH--MoUAdH- shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • _kd_kd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd suggest an extension mechanism that would allow for such a feature not this particular feature per se

• FerryFerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition to the video calls and screen sharing update.

• ΟΖΖΙΞΟΖΖΙΞ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make conceptualizing design ideas so much easier with friends and a multitude of other tasks. Please make this happen.

• PlasmaPlasma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this would be awesome if it could work with embedding. Convert image to whiteboard or something along the lines of that, so that you could draw on it. Permissions could be assimilated into this idea quite easily.

• HexadexHexadex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an added integration, maybe the person who adds a picture of the map can also be the admin and create protocols, such as letting everyone draw, just the admin drawing, etc.

As for the picture. adding buttons such as "edit picture" or "live mode" as to what I was explaining above would be a great feature too add!

Excited too see if your idea gets chosen sir, cheers!

• sonicbigboomsonicbigboom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specific features I would add to this,

-Have a gallery to add as a background and also be able to upload from your computer.

-Also get a folder for specific images that you choose so in the middle of the game you can go much faster.

-Next there should be the option between having 1 white board or 1 per person and specific privileges on who can use what, the 2 examples being: 1, In a team battle and as the main leader or something of the fight you are allowed to use the whiteboard and you can quickly draw a game plan while another less important but also good planner gives a suggestion with maybe a different color that only the commander could see and he can say add that to the main plan or something. 2, this would be for a party mode where everyone can send pictures to everyone (everyone with permissions) and just fool around.

-Another thing that could definitely work with the last feature is whiteboard overlay turned on by a button, that way everyone could learn the plan and plan without having to stop the game.

Thank you for reading.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base