How can we improve Discord?

Gift Other Users Nitro

As a big community owner, it'd be nice to have the ability to gift other users Nitro for giveaways or for people who can't afford it.

4,483 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Poppycorn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

130 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • notapringle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah please--this would be so helpful! and it would help discord make more money as well, it's a win-win situation. nitro would probably be a popular gift with my friends if i could actually give it as a gift this holiday season. i don't see why this isn't a thing yet >.< please make it an option, i would love it!!

• glyk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello? why isnt this a thing yet. Ya'll are missing out on that sweet $$

• okthx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel that you should be able to gift other people Nitro, like Reddit Gold. Or you can just give it as a gift. If you enjoy a message, then you can give Nitro on that post for a month. Or you can just go to their account and give nitro that way, and Clyde will tell them in DMs either way that they got gifted Nitro, by who, and why. That way you can reward good messages.

• PCExMachina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similarly to how you gift people gold on Reddit, it would be interesting to implement the feature on Discord. It would also promote the features as well.

• Snowy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look at reddit's creddit system, then copy it. Please. Bulk discount optional but probably a good idea.

• UD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ten months later, and we still don't have this revenue-bearing feature for Discrod. What is even the butt.

• tamzilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking that it would be great to gift some people Nitro for the holidays!

• Hange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too shock to see that is feature is not added yet...please implement ;(

• Unkindled Cinder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a one time thing maybe, since nitro is subscription based. Discord is based on community and I would love to give some of my friends the gift of nitro, even if only for a month! : D

• Chase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this is not already a feature. If this were implemented, everybody is a winner.

• KadenLag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well if its implemented i know a few ppl i would gift to so, you know, free money?

• Ubaste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a way to buy Nitro for other people. The only way I see now is either they would give their password. Big NONO, or I would give them my credit card even bigger NONO. I don't know if Discord accept prepaid visas, but then that's one way that would be possible at the moment. But why not make it so you can buy a 30 day code, and anyone could redeem it? Could be great for gifts to online friends, or giveaways. While supporting discord at the same time. Maybe they would even get hooked like I did

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base