How can we improve Discord?

Gift Other Users Nitro

As a big community owner, it'd be nice to have the ability to gift other users Nitro for giveaways or for people who can't afford it.

2,403 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PoppycornPoppycorn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • XenthysXenthys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idea posted in January… any news about it? It's definitely lacking for us as well.

• JeffreyJeffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea a lot, I would love to see it implemented, I have a few people in mind already that I would like to give nitro to. This also is a opportunity to introduce more payment methods so those without credit cards can buy nitro as well.

• OrangeOrange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all , They wouldn't be using Discord if they couldn't afford a 5$ Nitro.

• SanderSander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would the great if it could work similarly to Reddit's gilding system, where you can gild people's comments to show appreciation. Discord is a great platform help others and receive help, so using Nitro as a reward system would be great.

• ☣ Tac ☣☣ Tac ☣ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will NEVER buy/gift Nitro TILL they implement a post that has over 8,500 votes since 2015 Sub-Channel Text & Voice channels.. Also teased by an admin that "Designs have been started"
    https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10349820-group-together-sub-chat

Then I may be interested to buy/gift Nitro for friends!
    What happened Admin @Cilantrelle (Admin, Discord) responded · Dec 15, 2016
    Admins exact words.......

""Hooray updates! Design has been started (for real this time) and is underway. Check out this blog post for details:""

• ꉓꋬҠ૯ꌦꉓꋬҠ૯ꌦ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe people could earn nitro from inviting a certain amount of active discord users or having a large active community.

• EC | SlickJEC | SlickJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you could organize a way to do it, maybe discounts with partnered Discords or something (even though mines not partnered because I'm an unpopular pleb :P) I'd host Smash Bros. tournaments and give away Nitro to those who win my tourneys.

• ChüçkŸChüçkŸ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the best ideas i've heard in a while, Been waiting for the option for a long time.

• AxiatincAxiatinc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People who have Discord Nitro should only be able to donate it to regular members, but they have to pay for the membership in order to send it. For example, I have Discord Nitro, I buy another membership by clicking a button on the purchase page for regular Discord Nitro that says "Buy As Gift" then you type their discord username and ID in to send it as a gift, then they should be able to send a message alongside the membership they sent.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base