How can we improve Discord?

Gift Other Users Nitro

As a big community owner, it'd be nice to have the ability to gift other users Nitro for giveaways or for people who can't afford it.

1,848 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PoppycornPoppycorn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ChüçkŸChüçkŸ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the best ideas i've heard in a while, Been waiting for the option for a long time.

• AxiatincAxiatinc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People who have Discord Nitro should only be able to donate it to regular members, but they have to pay for the membership in order to send it. For example, I have Discord Nitro, I buy another membership by clicking a button on the purchase page for regular Discord Nitro that says "Buy As Gift" then you type their discord username and ID in to send it as a gift, then they should be able to send a message alongside the membership they sent.

• ZeroKelvinKeyboardZeroKelvinKeyboard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to gift other users Discord Nitro should be a high priority for the Discord team.

It would not only be fairly simple to implement compared to a lot of the other requested features, it would earn a lot of money for the platform, since many users would be more likely to gift Nitro to others than buy it for themselves (e.g. like reddit gold).

• D3XD3X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very good idea ! like Nitro gift for x days/months ! hope they implement it that way channel admins or basically everyone can make a custom "event" for games and etc with gifts like nitro or even more things :D hope they put that option !

• Hikarikouno (♀)Hikarikouno (♀) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a friend who I care about who is going through some stuff. I would love to give them a sign of optimism in the most subtle of ways. Gifting them Discord Nitro would be incredibly delightful.

• RetroRetro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds almost as good as community owners being able to gift cookies.

• BoredBrandonBoredBrandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, but I think we could also give someone money via PayPal and make that a viable option.

• LoganLogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this. I would love to buy my friends Discord Nitro. :)

• MakikomeMakikome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I entirely support.
    There's people like me that don't have money to pay Discord Nitro and few servers are mine are actually goodly developped to do giveaways like these.
    :)

• MenolithMenolith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's basically free money for Discord.
    If they implement a Reddit Gold-type deal—where the giftee also gets a small golden star next to whatever comment was gilded—it's going to print even more money without negatively affecting anyone's experience in the slightest.

• JojoJojo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great, but this would require other payment gateways first.

Because this and some other reasons could lead into scamming.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base