How can we improve Discord?

Nitro Tag

Hey guys, Just a suggestion to make Nitro EVEN cooler, you could add the nitro badge next to nitro subscriber names, or a small tag, just as bots get a little [ BOT ] next to theirs. Here's a quick concept I made up on PS:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/140504392565653504/273567322264961034/Untitled-1.jpg

931 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Destro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tukib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely not. This creates clutter and encourages elitism. You are already able to see a user's nitro status on their profile page, this feature adds nothing constructive.

• Superagius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have Nitro tags also appear on in the chat, the member list and the profile popout of Nitro users.

• fatpigsarefat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe you could have a nitro symbol below or overlaying it in the bottom right of their avatar in chat? Same goes for HypeSquad, partners and Discord staff.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, but would also like the same for Partners, Staff, and heck..maybe even Hype Squad. Using the same badge order as with the profile, of course.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this, suggesting inclusion for Partners and perhaps Hype Squad as well.. Though I understand Hype Squad is more for getting non-Discord people into being Discord people, Partners stir community involvement and would definitely be worth a mention regarding this.

Great suggestion, Destro!

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely love this idea, along with the options to disable the tag if you would like this would be a winner. Personally I think the first example is the best with the Nitro image next to the name. I would love to have that.

• Fuckless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too much clutter. Would be alright if servers could disable it but it would still be annoying to have Nitro users begging to turn it on.

• Jogalei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea but adding:

1) Nitro users can disable it to don't show their tag

2) every user gets an option to don't see those tags

(Sorry for my bad english)

• Anarchy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support 100%! Nice little harmless cosmetic. Twitch has icons, I don't see why it would be a problem on discord.

• Lotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%. Please allow this to happen, and please do not allow people to toggle it off. Ignore the trolls trying to tell you it's a bad idea. Why shouldn't anyone want to show their full support for this wonderful app?

• UnderestimatedLemon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this idea should be implemented. I feel like there aren't many perks that come with subscribing to Nitro. A little tag next to your name would be a nice perk. Showing others that you are supporting Discord by subscribing to Nitro.

• Liara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh and for the record, this is coming from someone who payed a full year for nitro upfront.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base