How can we improve Discord?

Let Bots Have .gif Avatars

Let's face it, everyone loves Nitro for the emotes and avatars. But let bots have .gifs for avatars as well! Maybe only one bot can have it, but that's one of the coolest features on Discord! Imagine what people could do with it!

558 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JackJack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KashallKashall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about allowing bots to have gif avatars only if the developer account has Nitro?

• unnamedauthorunnamedauthor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why not. Maybe the person hosting has to have Nitro, but that's a pretty good idea!

• dvsdvs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just think of this as another revenue stream. Nitro for bots might amount to pennies but it increases visibility. I still get users shocked by my GIF avatar and have to teach them what Nitro is. Bots with Nitro would be good advertising.

• 4g0tt3nSou14g0tt3nSou1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of Nitro's features should definitely be implemented, for the simple reason that a normal user cannot get the "BOT" designation. Selfbots cannot get it to exploit it.

• tpheccatphecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nitro functionality for bots could be extended to more than just animated avatars. Nitro bots could be able to accept friend requests from humans and use voice/video DM functionality.

• Lt. Bon BonLt. Bon Bon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It just be a thing you pay for but its for bots and is cheaper because its only the .gif avatar.

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this may be done if they add in the ability to gift nitro, in that you would have to buy nitro for the bot user as well

• GuiftGuift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it should already be this way, when I was setting up my self hosted nadeko I rlly got surprise by the fact that the bot couldnt have a gif avatar even I having nitro

• catecate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what a stupid idea, I hope I live long enough to see the day you die of an unnatural cause

Feedback and Knowledge Base