How can we improve Discord?

Profile Customization

Aight, our profiles are kinda boring at this point. Sure, you can link a youtube, twitch, twitter, and a couple other media accounts, and perhaps select some system application and change the name.. But other than that, our profiles are kinda boring.
I suggest that we add:
- An option to write a short bio (~200 chars)
- Profile wallpapers
- 1 (or more) slots for a server (place your own or someone else's server here)
- Further customization of the "Playing" feature
- Allow for other statuses such as "Eating" or "Doing" (Or perhaps just allow for people to write whatever they want in this, similar to skype "mood messages")
- Add a completely optional location, time, and url box

3,047 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GymnophoriaGymnophoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SnowDogSnowDog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think things like wallpapers and bios would be a good Nitro feature, but I really don't care to know if some random person on the internet is eating or what their "mood" is...lol What I'd like to see added the most is a ton of more integrations to connect to the profile as well as showing their timezone and country (obviously toggleable via privacy settings). Being able to see what time it is and/or what country other people are from would make it easier to try and coordinate events, games, raids, etc.

• GymnophoriaGymnophoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

:thonk:

i really didn't expect anyone to be against this idea.
    i find it kinda interesting that people don't like it because it seems like a social media platform.. the thing is, profiles are *so damn empty*. At most, you can link your other social services. Sure, adding this might allow people to share more about themselves like social media, but we really need it. Some people might want to post game-related things there to help other people.

just my opinion /shrug

k just gonna leave the advertisement cause im bad:
    I've made a bot called Marvin who does many things but on the list is profiles. They aren't the best, but I think it's quite nice. Prefix is a dot (.). Change that with .g s prefix <new prefix>. You can also run commands with mentions.
    Link: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=303654851047325696&scope=bot&permissions=117760

hush im not self-advertising, id never!

• IliyanaIliyana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least add location, language and time zone. Very relevant to mp games.

• SUMemeLordSUMemeLord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A perfect idea! I change my name frequently and having a short bio let's people know if it's me or not.

• RiDeeMRiDeeM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also be a chance for discord to add some more nitro features since the service is still pretty lackluster.

• Star-LordStar-Lord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to the MSN user profile (anyone still remember?) loads of fields, fill whatever you would like to :D

• -inity-inity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know a lot of people say this is worthless because Discord is for gamers, but I 100% disagree. Even as a gamer, I find it a problem when people I'm not immediately familiar with friend request me. Profiles will make it easier for me to know who adds us without having to risk accepting it and then being trolled, or just denying everyone with an unfamiliar username.

• SkylakeSkylake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nah, it's good as it is now. As people have said, it's made for gamers not for nerds

• lordhexfuzzlordhexfuzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesyes. I can get on board with most of this but especially the HIGHLIGHTED SERVER that eould be perfect.

• Twash™Twash™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To all you people who think that Discord has become a social media chat app, can you just stop and realize that Discord was and still is for gamers. I'm not a gamer myself, but I don't want Discord to change and become like every other social media platform just because a lot of you want them to. Discord has been trying to satisfy one area of individuals, and one area only: Gamers. We shouldn't make them try to satisfy others if that wasn't their intention in the first place.

• Twash™Twash™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you're in the wrong place; Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr are two lefts and a straight.

• HICOMHICOM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just because we have profile customization doesn't mean it's Facebook. +1 vote!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base