How can we improve Discord?

Profile Customization

Aight, our profiles are kinda boring at this point. Sure, you can link a youtube, twitch, twitter, and a couple other media accounts, and perhaps select some system application and change the name.. But other than that, our profiles are kinda boring.
I suggest that we add:
- An option to write a short bio (~200 chars)
- Profile wallpapers
- 1 (or more) slots for a server (place your own or someone else's server here)
- Further customization of the "Playing" feature
- Allow for other statuses such as "Eating" or "Doing" (Or perhaps just allow for people to write whatever they want in this, similar to skype "mood messages")
- Add a completely optional location, time, and url box

835 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GymnophoriaGymnophoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mischievous_SnakeMischievous_Snake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the bio idea, it seems pretty lame to always look at someones about them page and it's always blank like a work in progress.

As for the status update feature, I really like that idea. I see tons of add this or add that (Verbs), so it may be better to just let us type in what we are doing and perhaps save some most used status for a quick drop down list.

As for your last suggestion about time/location/etc I believe all of this could just be put in the bio. Maybe allow hyperlinks to work in there as well?

• moosecat moosecat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to be able to list my website, or other social media links that aren't linked to Discord. This is especially helpful for artists to link to all their art portfolios, shops, patreon, etc.

• RansomwareRansomware commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As for featured servers, it should just be a place for invites and, if it doesn't work, dont display it.
    If the server owner doesn't want invites out there then the invites wont go out there.

• DognaughtDognaught commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The short bio would be pretty cool; especially if it support markdown.

The wallpapers should be Nitro only.

The server slot is quite nice, would need an option for the server owner to turn it off.

Location/Time/URL would go in the short bio.

The other statuses seems pretty nice.

On a side note I'ld say the wallpapers need some "nerf" a kind of ratelimit so you can't have a selfbot changing it super fast. Same for the info box.

• GymnophoriaGymnophoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Syvant, I feel wallpapers could be for Nitro yet featured servers should stay for regulars because people can just put server links in their bios.

ThePoolQueen, ye :D

Adryd, Syvant said the exact same thing, read above reply.

• AdrydAdryd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps the profile wallpapers and the server slot can be for nitro users or partners

• ThePoolQueenThePoolQueen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some personalization in profiles would be quite nice. Would bring some excitement into the uniqueness of profiles.

• GymnophoriaGymnophoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dunno why we cant reply to posts directly, but whatever ill just reply in a comment:
    tbeest - seems legit, id add that to the post if we could edit the posts..
    but we cant
    so
    yea

hyouri - didn' know that existed till today, but it does seem to be better than my suggestion. However, that suggestion is nowhere to be found on the "hot" page, and mine is on the first page. Because of this, im gonna keep this suggestion as it is, as it is more likely to be seen by the devs.

• tbeesttbeest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea
    About the "featured server" thing though, a private server should not be able to be put there. A toggle for the owner would fix that

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base