How can we improve Discord?

Profile Customization

Aight, our profiles are kinda boring at this point. Sure, you can link a youtube, twitch, twitter, and a couple other media accounts, and perhaps select some system application and change the name.. But other than that, our profiles are kinda boring.
I suggest that we add:
- An option to write a short bio (~200 chars)
- Profile wallpapers
- 1 (or more) slots for a server (place your own or someone else's server here)
- Further customization of the "Playing" feature
- Allow for other statuses such as "Eating" or "Doing" (Or perhaps just allow for people to write whatever they want in this, similar to skype "mood messages")
- Add a completely optional location, time, and url box

2,229 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GymnophoriaGymnophoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • lordhexfuzzlordhexfuzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesyes. I can get on board with most of this but especially the HIGHLIGHTED SERVER that eould be perfect.

• Twash™Twash™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To all you people who think that Discord has become a social media chat app, can you just stop and realize that Discord was and still is for gamers. I'm not a gamer myself, but I don't want Discord to change and become like every other social media platform just because a lot of you want them to. Discord has been trying to satisfy one area of individuals, and one area only: Gamers. We shouldn't make them try to satisfy others if that wasn't their intention in the first place.

• Twash™Twash™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you're in the wrong place; Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr are two lefts and a straight.

• HICOMHICOM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just because we have profile customization doesn't mean it's Facebook. +1 vote!

• DewinatorDewinator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm against this. Discord is not facebook or some other social network. We don't need this form of self presentation.

• AGame // APixelAGame // APixel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im for this EXCEPT for the server slot idea. although this is cool and all, this could easily go agains other server's advertising rules. maybe if you could only see the server slot of other profiles if and only if you and that person share a server and that server's settings allows you to see that server slot

• lizwants2dielizwants2die commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesss, I thought of this too! I love customizing my profile. It'd be really nice to see some more personalization options.
    And while we're on this topic, it'd also be convenient, I think, to have a step when changing your profile picture to allow you to crop it/resize it. Skype has this feature. Just a small little thing I noticed that could be implemented.

Wallpapers for Nitro is a fantastic idea. It's a nice little perk that would incite more people to purchase Nitro as well.

• birdzbirdz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Background customization would most likely make it in if it was a Nitro benefit

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base