How can we improve Discord?

Embed in Forum (Chat option)

Allowing discord to be embedded into a forum layout would benefit many many forum users who already use a beneficial discord server to maintain contact. If given an additional guest friendly option, it would be ideal to allow visitors to the forum to test the community waters, so to speak. It would keep all chatting continuous and non-divisive. Thank you for this app, and for your consideration!

15 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Molione shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yvonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy smokes so much yes on this suggestion. An iframe code that I could utilize to embed into my jcink forums would be amazing! It would completely dismiss the need of a cbox, or other chat service, and mean I can rely entirely on Discord, which is something I absolutely love! I also agree with the addition of a guest friendly option. Even if it's just an admin setting where I can set a Discord CHANNEL to be 'guest friendly' so that they can talk in there, and register to talk in the rest of the channels. This would be an utterly amazing update to have for this app.

• Beastly Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like Star Citizen/RSI's Spectrum pages, their like Discord/Forums... More of customizable forums... I want to be able to set colors ect.

• Molione commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The webhook is not compatible with forums - they need an actual embedded code (ex: Icyboards/myBB, Jcink, Proboards, etc). The <iframe> code for the Widget is close, but it would be ideal if it could show the actual server or at least the primary chatting channel there so users don't have to be in another tab or download the app itself. Thanks for directing me that way though, I did check it out! c:

• RedShadow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excluding the guest option, I believe that is already there. I thought that was the web hook was there for. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Feedback and Knowledge Base