How can we improve Discord?

Multiple uploaded pictures' thumbnails

When multiple pictures are uploaded, they should be uploaded in one message with small thumbnails, instead of being uploaded below each other in separate messages.

437 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kovinarola shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cheqers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this. Could even make it an option - so in text-based channels it does this so there's less screen real estate, but ones in an art channel post the current/classic way. Depends on needs.

• Longor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about showing collections of images as horizontally scrollable galleries?

• SmokingDuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(Sorry for fantastic English) The ability to upload multiple photos at once and to display them as a gallery that you can scroll through. Now if you select to download multiple photos, they will be loaded one by one.

• Astrydax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature so bad right now. Really limiting the bot I'm trying to make.

• KillerClown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would certainly need a server-wide on/off option (or be entirely client-based), or this could cause potential hassle for users moderating channels. Example: A user could upload 5 images, but only 1 of them may be inappropriate for the specific server/channel, many server admins would still want the ability to remove just the 1 inappropriate image, or they'd have to delete all 5 at once (and that may not be ideal or what they want to do).

• Filming Machine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or give us the option to choose one of the display modes :D I personally like to see them one by one but others might prefer to see thumbnails like OP.

• DeveloperBlue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I drag n' drop a bulk of photos, after having to individually click to submit each one, I am then faced with having them all appear as large individual messages.
    Facebook manages this by making them thumbnails and grouping them together in a grid as one message. Can we pretty please have something similar to this?

Also, when a photo has been selected and brought up for viewing, pressing Left/Right should cycle to the prior/next photo respectively (For the entirety of the photos sent in that channel, not just that one bulk uploaded message)

Bonus if you add a toggle-able scrolling frame in the right-side panel at the bottom gradually displaying all photos ever uploaded to that channel in a grid as you scroll.

tl;dr
    Dealing with this,
    http://puu.sh/qPoxe/1ea5ac1f49.jpg
    When I should be seeing this,
    http://puu.sh/qPoEl/935108cba5.jpg

Left/Right keyboard arrows should go to the previous/next photo when viewing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base