How can we improve Discord?

Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

4,326 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ItsJeremyJay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

432 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ❄◆❄ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if we could have Server Categories to make things a little bit more organized

• Muzzz29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely! Great layout ideas btw,I especially like the 'collections' one. Upvoted! /\

• Burnt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make make this a thing.
    Having joined 30+ servers for several groups, games, and subjects, makes for a messy list with a long scrollbar.

• Void commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wish this was a thing!! i'm in so many servers that are about different things :'¬)

i think the folders and search options would be best together, since the sliders/dividers could get confusing still and collections seems similar enough to folders anyway.

• Wabbit Season commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally like the Folders and Collections ideas. It would be great if multiple methods of server organization were possible as has been suggested, but if not, then Folders for sure!

• Bacchus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The in-group category subsections have been great but I'd like to see it expanded to allowing organization of the Discords we've joined. As I type this, I have thirteen Discords I've joined and it's getting...unwieldy. If there was a way to bring the category organization to the joined Discords, it'd make my life (and I think everyone else's) easier.

• SomeRandomGuy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems there is no way to organize servers people have joined maybe discord could add server folders to put servers in

• KaiSakurai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like the folders and quick search versions...
    both combined would be best

collections... well... that would be very limited groups as there couldnt be much icons around the collection center
    dividers just dont help with the actual problem of having too many servers to keep an overview for them... it would be like it currently is just worse since the dividers waste space too
    stacks... easy to miss a server you are looking for if you stack too many together...
    sliders... well nice gimmick but not realy good.. doesnt leave much space for swiping and for those using discord via normal browser with a mouse going sideways is less natural then scrolling up/down

• Dezin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes discord NEEDS this!
    But there should be a way to change the folder icon
    :)

• Blue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If anything, folders are a must. I cant stand scrolling through all these colorful circles for all the discords Im in just to find the one I want to use

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this as well. It would be really really helpful! Just joined a community which has like a gazillion servers used.. :P

• Chimera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's clear this is a popular idea, and it's actually kind of stunning it hasnt been added yet considering the 2-some years people have been asking for it lol

Hopefully the Discord devs throw us a bone because this does really feel like a priority feature ATM; its something that'll help "lurking" discords from dying all the time because everyone and their mother asks you to join their server. With something like this, you can neatly organize yourself into groups where you can talk to your friends of different gaming groups, such as various games or even characters of a fighting game, and have work related servers take priority at the top while not cluttering your feed, maybe even have a few separate "art and sharing" servers as well.

Basically IMO this is a must-have, and I hope it happens some point in the future.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base