How can we improve Discord?

Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

7,531 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JeremyJaydan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1140 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vecopotryx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With a ton of servers it gets quite cluttered and sometimes it gets hard to find the one you want to chat in. Would be really nice if I could organize them :)

• Dreatern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely necessary.
    I am on multiple servers about Games, Arts, Programming and Friends servers.
    It would be great to be able to organize them into categories like we do with #channels

• crash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to put servers into categories would be very beneficial, especially as someone who is in a lot of servers. It would work similarly as channel categories do, with the ability to expand and minimize the servers in the folder/category.

JeremyJayden made a post regarding this more than a year ago, with this as a concept: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO (all credit goes to him and his original post: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/18660079-server-organisation ) I would highly recommend checking it out!

As I explained earlier, this would reduce the clutter and hassle of having to go through dozens of servers, and would look much easier on the eyes as well.

Thanks for your time!

• JohnathonRules commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a lot of people that are in a lot of servers a folder option would be awesome for organizing your servers

• Unofficial commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

needs to happen. Why isn't it a thing? Discord is getting more popular and it's getting harder to get organized

• GameAndLive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean there should be a form of server deviders or categories. Just like the channel categories but for the servers. I my self had about 50 servers on my list and I sometimes had problem finding the server I wanted to join. This can help people deviding servers that friends own, their own servers and random servers they have joined.

• Sim Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi !
    I think server categories would be a small but great feature to discord.
    It can be hard to find the servers you want when you're in a lot of them, so categories would make that much easier and faster.
    The problem is: the server bar is to tight to fit word in there. So, i was thinking that when the mouse is over the server bar, it would become wider to show the categories.

An exemple:
    --Gaming--
    -Fortnite club
    -Overwatch comp
    -Csgo server

--Communities--
    -Small bois
    -Mark's server
    -Donald Trump official server

--Others--
    -Test server
    -Meme spamming

• Sim Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,
    I think server categories would be a small but great feature to discord.
    It can be hard to find the servers you want when you're in a lot of them, so categories would make that much easier and faster.
    The problem is: the server bar is to tight to fit word in there. So, i was thinking that when the mouse is over the server bar, it would become wider to show the categories.

An exemple:
    --Gaming--
    -Fortnite club
    -Overwatch comp
    -Csgo server

--Communities--
    -Small bois
    -Mark's server
    -Donald Trump official server

--Others--
    -Test server
    -Meme spamming