How can we improve Discord?

Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

3,833 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ItsJeremyJayItsJeremyJay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

339 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PlutoPluto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perfect integration for a more user-friendly Discord. Nice concept art, by the way

• TlitookilakinTlitookilakin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My favorite of these is probably the stacks, as this is visually clearest and simplest. I like the idea of being able to minimize servers to conserve vertical real estate, and stacks allow that while still clearly displaying server information. My only suggestion would be to implement it in a way that requires the user to press a button to create a new group, rather than simply drag-stacking, to avoid accidental grouping.

• LightLight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

-Less messy
    -Hide servers that you don't use often in a folder
    -Prioritize servers that are used often
    -Freely customize the name of folders

Having a large list of joined servers that you have to scroll through is annoying. Having the ability to group them under a tab to take up less space and know exactly where they are is really nice.

I find myself wanting to create servers for specific groups of friends and holding back since I don't want ANOTHER server cluttering up my side bar.

• Wolf-SilverWolf-Silver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not too sure on if this has been suggested yet, but I feel like it would be very useful to have a cord grouping system. Basically like how you can drag apps onto each other on your average smartphone and group them together according to category of your choice. This could make flipping through an immense amount of servers alot easier than just scrolling through manually. The amount of servers you could be in at once could also be raised I think along with the grouping.

• JasonKhanlarJasonKhanlar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like channel categories on each discord server, allow each discord account user to categories their up to 100 discord servers in expandable/collapsible categories

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had a chat with someone, and we concluded that there would be a problem with the folders system: how would we know which server has a new message in it? It'll look like the folder would have a notif, but we wouldn't know in which server it's from. The collections system could work with the notif problem, but that would look much too obnoxious after a while; as for the sliders & stackable groups, they don't look that good to be honest. I personally really like the idea of a quick search feature although my friend disagrees as he doesn't think someone could be in so many servers for a quick search to be useful. We concluded that the best way could be the dividers system "but have them work like channel categories where you can collapse it and it only shows the servers that have a new message in them".

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base