How can we improve Discord?

Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

1,371 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ItsJeremyJayItsJeremyJay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PinkaPinka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd definitely be interested in the folder style. I'm in 25 servers and it'd super help with organizing.

• SnowDogSnowDog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you did an excellent job illustrating your suggestion and I think your designs are really cool! Personally, I don't really think I would like this feature. I think that no matter how you group them together it would end up being UI clutter and a nightmare on mobile devices. It seems to me that if you are a member of a few dozen servers it would be easier to look for the icon of the server you are looking for and clicking it than looking for the group/folder, expanding, then looking for the server. You can also easily find any server you're a member of by using the quick switcher on desktop.

• GmanGman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much like the idea.
    I'm also very glad that this is being implemented, however, the option to choose which type of organization method would be amazing, say you don't like the appearance of Folders, so instead you want Collections, such a thing should be able to be done.. with relative ease.

I'm all for this, and would love to see the ability to choose which type of organizer you would have or may use, individually.

(Search should be a default one irregardless of chosen organization method.)

• GothitekGothitek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My gosh yes. Folders for Server sorting and ones for Channels within a server would both make so many lives MUCH easier.

• SumTingWongSumTingWong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only folders but an expanded left view like in windows 10 start menu to view the folders with ease.

• ScyvillScyvill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders and/or dividers would be really cool. Really would help, considering I'm in a decent amount of servers.

• ChaddersChadders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something needs to be done about server organisation. Folders and search are obvious choices in my opinion. Please implement :)

• PiztolPiztol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! But only folders and dividers, the other stuff is unnecessary/Also where we can edit names and colors of folders

• SkavengerSkavenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted up, we need a way to have multiple channels per game so people can see which channel to join. Channel Sprawl is a problem

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base