How can we improve Discord?

Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

5,355 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JeremyJaydan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

657 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christie | xReadyAimMissx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Discord make this a thing. I need so much to organize my servers better. Like having twitch stream servers grouped together, emote/emoji servers together, etc. Instead of having to scroll through a laundry list of servers all the time, just to find what I need. I'd also like to be able to move more than one server at a time when trying to re-organize them as well. I like joining servers that are just for emotes. If I go and join a bunch at once, I have to move each one individually to the bottom of my list, because for whatever reason new servers are added to the top of the list. Unless I'm missing something, these are things I really think need to be added.

• BlindCoyote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The addition of categories to organize channels within servers has made an enormous impact on how members interact within them. With better organization moderators have been able to better experiences for all in the servers.

Now I would like this capability brought to organizing servers. Some users (like myself) are in multiple different servers for many different community types. Being able to organize the servers into categories would help de-clutter the interface and finding the server you want easier without having to scroll through a long list.

If you are the type to be in many different servers and would like to have the ability to organize them, please consider up-voting and or suggest other ways to implement this feature.

Thank You for your time.

• Judah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes a Discorder is in a lot of servers, and the servers farther down the list tend to get ignored the more they're hidden past the bottom of the screen. Many of the servers out there are also very related ("Members of Organization," "Members of Organization who like cheese," "Members of Organization who joined on April 1st, 1957," "Members of Organization who are left handed").

As such, it would be great if we had the ability to stack and hide them, creating categories that would automatically stay collapsed until you need to go to one of the servers. That way, you don't have to go searching through the list, you can't lose servers at the bottom of the list. Found this little graphic on imgur, I'd recommend going with the folders or the collections. https://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

• ShadowNinja5764 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Howdy,

My idea consists on being able to sort your selection of Discord servers on the left by putting them into categories. For example I have a few servers all owned by the same person and I would love to just put those few servers into one category I could collapse to keep my selection of servers less like a mess.

• BigT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, like many others have a large amount of servers.

My idea would take inspiration from app grouping used on multiple mobile devices such as iOS, Android and more. Where you could drag and drop a server onto another to create a sub-group. Allowing people to sort their servers into small pockets of servers.

Allowing people to sort how they please. Maybe by game, or community, or common friends.

• Omni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a suggestion, I think you guys should add a feature that allows users to make their servers into a category, for example, I could put all my servers I am active in in one category and make a category to put all my anime related servers in another. This also can also make the bar on the left much cleaner as you wouldn't have to scroll down for years if you have a lot of servers. This also can help users because if they need to go into a server it wouldn't have to take long if they had a server category.

• Mauville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see a system where I can sort my servers into different tabs. I have a lot of servers; gaming servers, work servers, d&d servers, streamer servers and rpg servers. This list gives me a mouse arm scrolling through sometimes. I would love to have the option that I can make different tabs or folders in the server list. This way I just sort them in their representing folder. If I am searching for a gaming server I would simply just have to open the gaming tab and all my gaming servers will show.

It would make my discord look more organized and better to navigate.

Thanks for reading and / or voting for my idea.

• Xiphos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is perfect, I would love to organise the different communites I'm in more.

• JD of Paradise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like both the folders and the collections.
    I just don't want my list of servers to be as cluttered.

• Age commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! I've Needed this for so long. i follow alot of smash bros related servers. they all centralize around the game, but focus on various different characters. please make this so i can just lock them away for space.

• Vexus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Server Folders

It might be a cool feature to be able to create "folders" for servers. Lets say someone was in a group of servers dedicated to one or similar topics. That person could create a "folder" and assign those servers to that folder. I would imagine these working similar to the channel categories feature, with the ability to hide the servers in the folder.
    This would help users with large server lists easily find a specific server.

• BenMcLean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Far too many servers to easily find the one you want without a way to categorize them

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33

Feedback and Knowledge Base