How can we improve Discord?

Not show "typing" when invisible

The client should not send the "typing" event when the current mode is Invisible

Often when you are invisible you sometimes hit a key and it shows the whole server you're here for a few seconds even when you don't plan on sending a message. Invisible mode gets ruined because of that doesn't it?

3,639 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RobinRobin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SoraLaurenSpitFireSoraLaurenSpitFire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it were an optional thing to turn it off or not when invisible then I would support this. My friends and I use Invisible when we do not want a lot of people contacting us at once, but still like to see each other's typing.

• soulstenancesoulstenance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Forkinator Even if you post in private chat it shows that you're typing in the other groups you're in. This is a serious bug. Several times I have been chatting with a friend and someone in my group asked who I was talking to!

• ForkinatorForkinator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be implimented. There are times when I am invisible and only want to speak to one person and accidentally start typing in the lobby instead of private message. Sure I could be more careful, but this is still a QOL improvement imo. Even if you accidentally hit 1 key when discord is in view, it will say you are typing.

• KittyGirl888KittyGirl888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ummmmm...Below the gray dot it would say:
    You won't appear online but you'll still have full access to all of Discord.

• ModelmatModelmat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also applies when in voice channels
    You appear there even while Invisibile

• 404 Name not found404 Name not found commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think there are more important things to care about (mainly when it comes to moderation) that "so they dont see me typing when i'm invisible" afterall if you are typing a message and send it they will know you aren't actually offline. What is the point onf making a feature like that then?

• HosseinHossein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think its will be better if show typing after the first word you type ! just because sometime people waiting for your answer and its not good !

• KotKot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion: send the typing event, but make it not visible on the GUI, so bots can still see it

• PaulF.Kernel/Paul3396PaulF.Kernel/Paul3396 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would prefurr it to be where u cant send messages or use VC while invisible, and i for one would probably quit using discord if this is added even tho im admin in some servers

• AlphonseAlphonse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@SweetThing: Just because you don't want to be talked to by some people doesn't mean you don't want to talk to anyone.

• Macdja38Macdja38 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please disable sending messages and joining voice channels while invisible. I try and go invisible and then I stay in a voice channel and send a couple messages and everyone knows I'm here!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base