How can we improve Discord?

Not show "typing" when invisible

The client should not send the "typing" event when the current mode is Invisible

Often when you are invisible you sometimes hit a key and it shows the whole server you're here for a few seconds even when you don't plan on sending a message. Invisible mode gets ruined because of that doesn't it?

1,333 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RobinRobin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AlphonseAlphonse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@SweetThing: Just because you don't want to be talked to by some people doesn't mean you don't want to talk to anyone.

• Macdja38Macdja38 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please disable sending messages and joining voice channels while invisible. I try and go invisible and then I stay in a voice channel and send a couple messages and everyone knows I'm here!

• troPSDNUORGWENtroPSDNUORGWEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I myself am an invisible user. Basically what I'm saying is that I have to stay on invisible or bad things happen. This would be great if I accidentally hit a key and had everyone there know that I still am still there, and if this was a thing, then no one would know. What a great idea.

• SweetThingSweetThing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This kind of thing is not necessary imho.
    You go invisible because you dont want to be spoken to which means you dont have any need to write messages as well.
    You can go online If you want to write.
    Disabling the posting feature while being invisible would be more meaningful.

• JogaleiJogalei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think having this is just logic

Invisible=Invisible

I don't want everyone to know I'm there

• drumman22drumman22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice but probably make it so servers can choose to enable this option or not.

• Innocuous CarInnocuous Car commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only if it's an option rather than a global thing. Sometimes I wanna be invisible in most servers, but I want people to know I'm on and talking in another.

• HugopHugop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree with this option, but it would be nice if we can turn it on/off.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base