Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

IronAidan07 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

762 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • itskieran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Could even work with Nintendo to help the quality of their voice chat app!

• TheMarioManiac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed! Although i could see Nintendo deeming it as “competition” to their voice chat service.

• GLSector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to mix the sound from the game and vocal chat without the use of additional hardware. I'm always on Discord and having my friends see what and when I'm playing would be awesome !

• Maki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's important to mention that this would probably be very similar to how the Xbox One integrates with Discord where you can see the games your friends are playing. I would absolutely love to have this feature with the people I talk to who play Splatoon 2! With the new games tab I'll be able to see who is in-game and who isn't which is super useful.

• Haihatu Edits commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that Discord on the Nintendo Switch would be an awesome idea. First, the Nintendo Switch has many users, which means that many new people can jump right into Discord. Second, implement it like how you guys did with Xbox. Connect your account, and let your friends play on a party on Mariokart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and many more games that implement a online mode. Third, please make a good voice chat system, use the PC or Mobile devices as a base or work ground, and just place the final project in Discord 4 Switch. Or just release Discord and implement VC after... Finaly but not least, take your time, I really want this to be a thing but if you don’t feel like it, it’s okay. I’m fine with the PC Discord, but it’ll be nice if it was on switch. *And make an actual app, not just a hook up with the account thingy*.

• dariel aka dally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate Nintendo accounts into the connections tab.

On the Switch, you are able to see what your Switch friends are playing and what they have recently been playing, so there is some sort of API that Discord can use to display what games we are playing in Rich Presence (aka if we are playing Fortnite on the Switch or Minecraft).

• Garrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I doubt it's possible though it'd be cool. 3ds and Wii U wouldn't happen though. Certainly not wii u. Switch can't run 2 apps at the same time so it's kinda impossible unless you JUST want Discord, and in that case you have a phone don't you?

• aytimothy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be amazing, if the Switch allowed apps (games) to run in the same manner as if it was on a computer. Maybe once we have proper homebrew.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39

Feedback and Knowledge Base