How can we improve Discord?

We need Karaoke with microphone effects, and audio adapter streaming NOW!

WHAT THIS GUY JUST SAYS... BUT BETTER...

Hey guys, if you got a couple minutes, please hear me out!

So, I come from a not-too-far-off app called Raidcall. As you may know, Raidcall's US servers shut down and is now primarily hosted in Russia. Since then, I found plenty of reason to comfortably move to Discord with the rest of my friends. To be perfectly honest, Discord has pretty much everything that made Raidcall awesome to me-- but there's just one thing that made Raidcall awesome that pretty much nobody else did:

Music Mode. Raidcall had a simple button that makes your playback output come through your microphone input. This allowed for people to play music in separate channels for others to listen to. Thanks to this feature, I've participated in groups that had: study rooms with relaxing music, DJ-style channels with somebody mixing live for dozens of people, BYOM channels where people take turns playing music (thanks to a queue mode system) and last but certainly not least-- Karaoke rooms. With the combination of in-client reverb, Raidcall was the number one place to experience free online Karaoke with large groups of friends and/or strangers. I've met and had fun with a lot of fantastic people thanks to this functionality.

So yeah, my suggestion is to bring something like the Music Mode button from Raidcall, to Discord. It would be another tool for users to enjoy and further enhance their Discord experience. Think of people doing online Dungeons & Dragons-- using this feature for environmental tracks or battle music. Or game shows for playing jeopardy music, or buzzers, or applause. The possibilities could be endless! I think it would be a great addition to your desktop app :)

So what do you think? I wouldn't be surprised if this was already suggested, or maybe some thinking was already made on the possibility. Either way, I think it would be great, and would personally complete my experience here on Discord.

Thanks for hearing me out, whoever's reading this!

733 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matelinux (Rafael)Matelinux (Rafael) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

158 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • manskoumanskou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should also be implemented to the permission system. Yeah ofc someone can use 3rd party software to send system sounds through a "virtual mic" and bypass this, but in all honesty I don't think ppl will actually care that much to bypass it.

• PjosipPjosip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype recently added "share system sound" option to let others hear what you hear, it's very useful when screensharing.

Ability to right click on yourself (or any other form of turning it on) after joining a channel or private call and share system audio (possibly without other people's voices?) would be a nice addition to the usability and experience!

As for "I don't want a scrub spamming shit down the mic" comments.. well that's what the mute feature is for, regardless if it's music or unintelligent screeching.

This feature will also work very well in combination with screenshearing when it gets implemented.

• Matelinux (Rafael)Matelinux (Rafael) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well Gymnophoria... We know about BOTs.. we use Discord too.. the fact is that, the idea is well explain by a really smart dude so what else we can add? thats what we want
    and soo... Discord Staff and the people will dicide this one... thanx for you comment.

And so you know.. #SteamMexico its are great gaming community

My Regards

• GymnophoriaGymnophoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and I thought the 140+ comments would be about actual feedback. kden.
    No clue what HailSteamMexico or whatever is, im here to give an actual reply.

Discord is likely not to implement this feature because they have given developers access to their API, enabling devs to create bots for discord. There are plenty of bots out there that will stream music from soundcloud or youtube, all you need to do is add them to your server. I personally use Dyno, as it has automod, welcome announcements, autorole, music, and plenty of other awesome features.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base