How can we improve Discord?

Allow us to set the whole server as adults only rather than taggin all channels.

This having to label every channel as NSFW is just causing a mess. Instead allow us who run servers with a mature audience to set the whole server as NSFW or 18+.

As it is now, my server doesn't allow kids in as we want a community where everyone is an adult, works for a living and doesn't have time for all the drama etc. that comes with the younger audience servers. We're a place to come and play, talk shop, relax, be foul mouthed etc.

1,749 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RamblinRamboRamblinRambo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HexstreamHexstream commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, I just created a new test server (using the web client) and there was no NSFW option during server creation.

I also checked in the server settings, and there does not appear to be a global NSFW option.

But anyway setting most of your channels as NSFW should be good enough.

• JackTJackT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that's already a feature. It asks when you make the server if it's NSFW

• ChillahChillah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just so you know, you can remove the nsfw- tag even if it's marked as NSFW.

• KnightwolfKnightwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#MinorTom I tried reporting bots reporting accounts is a whole lot harder on here because you can't report accounts if there messages gets deleted I know i tried because the bots where sending invites to a "computer support" discord server once the mod deleted the messages it meant you can't report them even if you took a picture of it

• CharlieCharlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord isn't made for nsfw, you can script a bot that will be able to tag every channel into nsfw

• #MinorTom#MinorTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@PunchFox You still need to mark the channels as NSFW because otherwise people that post 18+ Content Violate the ToS and their account could be suspended.

• DamagedDamaged commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@PunchFox The point of NSFW channels is to disable the adult content filter, and to stop users from being subjected to possible account suspension due to ToS violations. I already had a "landing channel" on my server, where my bot would tell people to verify they are 18+. This is still in place, but to protect everyone's accounts from false violation claims, all the channels need to be marked NSFW. All we want is a way to flag the whole server to be exempt from this filtering.

• PunchFoxPunchFox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's the whole server, just spend ten seconds vetting the people you invite. The point of NSFW channels is to make it clear certain spaces are NSFW when you have a mixed audience. If the whole server is for one audience, this is completely pointless.

• PunchFoxPunchFox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just spend 10 seconds from your super busy "adult life" to make sure the people you are inviting are 18+? Pretty unnecessary if its for your whole server.

• MinecraftJYTMinecraftJYT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of marking NSFW for every single channel on a NSFW Based Server, there could be an option to where you click on the invite it tells you a similar message as the NSFW-Channel Warning. This could be really helpful in marking a whole server have a NSFW on invite.

• MyItsHeMyItsHe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't the NSFW flag to stop the auto-moderator? Why not just turn off the auto-moderator?

• digimbytedigimbyte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be nice to have a mature setting, to be fair, 18+ isn't exactly ideal as other geo-locations have 21 and others 16. something to consider if making a filter that's NSFW vs 18+ vs Mature vs Adult.
    I feel "Mature" is a good title with the implication of 'adult' + 'NSFW'

• slavaseshslavasesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, my server isn't all NSFW, but we don't want minors, period. Having the ability to mark an entire server 18+ would be wonderful.

• DamagedDamaged commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@timmyRS Look at the image I linked previously, of the channels that aren't tagged NSFW, there is "rules" "announcement" and "logs"

The server is NSFW.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base