How can we improve Discord?

Change the way NSFW channels are labeled to icons. Example attached.

https://i.imgur.com/hHffIKQ.png

Image wasn't made by me, so credit goes to whoever created it. I just thought it was a good idea.

3,337 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Xarec shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Avichi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I did is just make a special role for anyone who was 18+ that wanted access to the made channel. No one else even knows it's there, only the people in my server who fit the age requirement and ask to be let in.

• Hexstream commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A substantially similar idea has already been implemented for weeks.

Now channels tagged "NSFW" no longer need to be prefixed with "nsfw-".

So I think someone should tag this idea as being "implemented".

• NLferdiNL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No age indicator, instead just NSFW would suffice. Does take screen space that could be used by the channel name though.

• Liggliluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue is that not all countries have 18 as their limit, so if they go by that, it needs to be dynamic.

• heyitswither commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> Technically, people can reset all their NSFW warning acceptances by going to Local Storage and wiping the relevant key/value

Yes, but that isn't easy for the typical discord user

• Cyberium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Technically, people can reset all their NSFW warning acceptances by going to Local Storage and wiping the relevant key/value

• jagrosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The `nsfw-` is not required in the name anymore.

That being said, would be nice to make it more visible what channels are nsfw, since it is extremely hard to tell the difference between a nsfw channel and a hidden (lock icon) channel.

• Mercy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people have complained that the 'NSFW Channels' feature was poorly implemented and is inherently flawed.
    Some things I have seen requested include:
    - The ability to hide all channels marked as 'NSFW' globally on all servers
    - Allow users to bring back the warning screen in the case of accidentally clicking 'Continue'
    - An icon that shows the 'NSFW' status of the channel as opposed to the current 'nsfw-' tag in the name
    - The ability to disable images and image previews in all 'NSFW' marked channels

• ๖ۣۜOkori❧ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a channel is only accessible to a role and is set as nsfw a lock with a exclamation point is next to the #

• WorldofBay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also please allow me to disable that warning for everyone. i only have adults and we want no censorship. having to explicitly agree to less censorship is totally stupid in our opinion, the opposite would be more of a thing.

• BoredBrandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this was already implemented by a warning sign near the hashtag and the nsfw prefix isn't required

• Yemper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's fine as is, it looks great the way it is and I don't see a reason why it should be changed in some different bold text apart from the channel name.

• OutcastN3cr0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is a great and overall fresh idea, I am gonna build onto your idea with maybe adding a little notification when entering a NSFW channel. Like TTS, cause anyone can get past one when they just need to hit "Yes, I am 18+" or whatever it is!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base