How can we improve Discord?

Change the way NSFW channels are labeled to icons. Example attached.

https://i.imgur.com/hHffIKQ.png

Image wasn't made by me, so credit goes to whoever created it. I just thought it was a good idea.

2,008 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

XarecXarec shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BoredBrandonBoredBrandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this was already implemented by a warning sign near the hashtag and the nsfw prefix isn't required

• YemperYemper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's fine as is, it looks great the way it is and I don't see a reason why it should be changed in some different bold text apart from the channel name.

• OutcastN3cr0OutcastN3cr0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is a great and overall fresh idea, I am gonna build onto your idea with maybe adding a little notification when entering a NSFW channel. Like TTS, cause anyone can get past one when they just need to hit "Yes, I am 18+" or whatever it is!

• HexstreamHexstream commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the internet especially, "18+" is universally recognized as "for adults only", regardless of what the legal age is defined as in any specific jurisdictions.

• JesseJesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea, but I don't think it should say 18+ ... Especially considering that the adult, legal age in a lot of countries is actually 16.

• DamagedDamaged commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Victory!

@Kakol A problem at the moment (at least with Python Discord API), is that there is no flag for channels being NSFW. Hopefully the API will update shortly, but startsWith was the only way to tell them apart before...

• KakolKakol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a nice idea but could if not client-side break some bots that do a lazy channel_name.startsWith("nsfw") check. Other than that It's a nice idea

• PasteyuriPasteyuri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like the way it looks now, it should be in big red letters but, again let users have the option

• ClarClar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also really prefer options for custom warnings on channels!

There are simple ones, like "this channel contains spoilers for X" but also another example is that our server has a channel specifically for discussing mental health problems, and we would love to have the same type of warning that the NSFW channels have without explicitly labelling it as NSFW.

• HexstreamHexstream commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I'm in a server with 50+ NSFW channels (which is super great btw!) and marking them all individually with the forced "nsfw-" prefix would be really, really really stupid.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base