How can we improve Discord?

Add the Offline list on sidebar when a server has 100+ members

Or, otherwise put, don't make it disappear when reaching 100+ members.

For me, an admin in three servers, a mod in a few others and a member of various Discord servers, losing this list is just dumb and annoying, and it doesn't affect performance at all for me. (see the last paragraph for me elaborating on this)

Make the function toggle-able or lose it. I want to be able to see offline members in Indie Game Utopia (main server I am admin'ing in.) and others to see it as well, in a server that's made for small indies to talk about their games and stuff isn't it a good thing if they can see who's in there, if a developer they know or like is in there? And with many members being from different timezones, the online users at the same time isn't a lot, so people might think it's a small server.

More on the performance issues thing:
I have been in servers with like 600+ online members, no loss of performance, not even a slight bit and any loss I might have had was if I had other programs open that used the CPU, not Discord. I think it's just a lame excuse to take the feature away and a few months later it will be added as a Brand New Feature™ for their paid Nitro program. I hate to sound cynical but I think the Discord devs are lying about this. Other moderators in my server also think so, and it also bothers them to not have the offline members list, and having to do like 5 clicks to see the member list in Server Setting is inconvenient, on mobile especially, and completely pointless as I stated before. I have seen threads with dozens of people almost unanimously agreeing on this issue as well. Those people also stated no loss of performance when many more members are online as well. Just leave the list no matter how many members or make it an on/off option.

1,902 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bas-Makes-Games shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RadiantDarkBlaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Xenicide85, I think you missed the part where the idea says "make the function toggle-able". What you're describing sounds like a situation where you would toggle the offline list off. Try not to be so quick to diss ideas. Point out all the flaws you like in any idea, but please just don't diss the ideas in the process or beforehand.

• Xenicide85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats the stupidest idea i ever heard.
    Lets say you have a server with 10k+ members but only 10% of them are online.
    Are you expacting members to scroll through that list since moving the scroll bar jump hundreds of members at the slightest movement?

• hspot (Howard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also like the option to show the list of Offline members please. Or at least to show the list of all members with a specific role...

• KurtDerKnispel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If one reads the comments on the update news of the D+ Apps closely the function is back !
    Thanks and good job Discord !
    👍

• FSK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can confirm, all of the big servers I'm part of now show their offline members...

• TsubeAika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would want the toggleable one. Discord added in the list for servers but not LARGE servers but TBH, it is annoying...

• Bexy1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just noticed an offline list on a server I'm on (125 in the offline list) plus a whole bunch of online people.... New feature? I can't seem to find much about it at all? Discord twitter so far haven't said anything (at time of this message)

• yiff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted.

Checked on this because recently I've noticed servers with 400+ members with an offline list?

None of my servers including the 3k+ members one hasn't changed a bit?
    Checked the settings, nothing new.

• 1Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they just added it for 100+ servers. But it’s still doesn’t appear on very big servers (maybe 300+)

• JBELUUU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I administer a server of just over 100 members, and in the past hour or so I noticed I'm able to see the offline users list. Was this just added? If so I'm really glad because I hated having no offline users list.

Can anyone else confirm their findings?

• Deathstroke06 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wee need this too. keep voting i have given my post. Cause sometimes i cant see who left the channel or who's in the channel and many people keep themselves invisible even if they are online

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base