How can we improve Discord?

Allow only admins/moderators to mention certain roles

For example, let's say there's a beta tester role. We don't want everyone to be able to mention that role, that would lead to tons of spam and abuse. Why not have an option to allow just admins to mention that role instead of everyone?

2,816 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Silicon Valley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

205 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • servaal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this, it would keep abuse from happening with a certain role.

• Tqggle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. Please add this feature. Server administration will be SOO much easier!

• JAM Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shouldn't this be an easy fix? This would make server management a lot easier. Pls Discord.

• JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Discord, at least let admins mention roles even if mentioning them isnt enabled. do something. REEEEEE

• DinosaurusRex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED this!
    I need to be able to mention my staff in private without letting everyone mention them

• Ankial commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should have a option where i can give selective roles to ping such roles, I have admins, Moderators, Event managers to lead event managers. Many authority of roles i have on my discord and this permission is really dangerous to give to @everyone when we have to enable it for briefly 5 seconds to make an update or post news.

We have event notify/debate notify/politic notify. many many other roles which our members sign up to be pinged for, They entrust us to ping them for something worthy of it. but this permission shouldn't be allowed for everyone, Maybe you can keep the option maybe for other uses but there should be other options to give authorised members to ping roles which other members cannot ping.

role pings is a unavoidable ping, you cannot suppress it either,which is why i wouldn't like to give such perms to everyone even if its for 5 seconds, we shouldn't want someone to figure it out we enabled it to post something and while we are posting it, they could've pinged that very role a dozen times. That's why , discord we need a option/feature to give certain roles/members the permission to ping a role which other members cannot ping.

please vote on this feature for the safety of all our servers for future reference, cause as discord platform grows and fan base is increasing monthly basis. this will become very important feature when we have 10k-20k members on our servers.

• lightray10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For instance, type @Mod to mention everyone in the Mod role, or @Overwatch to mention everyone with the Overwatch role.

The ability to mention particular roles could be limited to people with only equal or greater roles, or to only people in a few particular roles, or could be unlimited, or disabled entirely for particular roles.

• MeemxDa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We clearly need this. As we do not want everyone to be able to mention a specific role. We only want specific people to be able to do that.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base