How can we improve Discord?

Allow only admins/moderators to mention certain roles

For example, let's say there's a beta tester role. We don't want everyone to be able to mention that role, that would lead to tons of spam and abuse. Why not have an option to allow just admins to mention that role instead of everyone?

559 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Silicon ValleySilicon Valley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TreadNorthTreadNorth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be useful. When setting up my server I remember wanting to make the mod role @able, but not the admin role. However I wanted the mods to be able to @ the admins.

• WernerWerner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not allow three options: Not mentionable, mentionable, mentionable by users with mention everyone perm

• yumyum36yumyum36 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we extend this option a bit further?

Some people need to ping certain roles for events. (i.e. Tournament Organizer role, "Hey @Top Player, are you guys interested in my tournament that will be broadcast over twitch? Cash Prizes!")

Can we have an option on a role to "Allow to ping all roles", while still having the option to turn ping of roles off for certain roles? (In the previous example, let's say we turned off pinging @Top Player to everyone, because members were exhausting them requesting game help)

• Dgrif12Dgrif12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason this is a hing is if players need to call an admin to a game server for help/ban.

• CharlieCharlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly what many servers will need, will improve guild overall productivity and avoid any spammers

• BitBit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also add a option to disable mentioning @everyone and @here.

• BlancBlanc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Pls! This would be an awesome update for them to try and push out :D

• ItsErikItsErik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think its a good idea, especially if there is certain roles can mention other specific roles.
    Ex: everyone can mention @Role1 but not @Role2 and admins can mention both.

Feedback and Knowledge Base