How can we improve Discord?

Search exclusions

I would love to see a feature in search for exclusions, Stuff like:
not-from: user
not-in: channel
not-during: date
etc.

I find that a lot of times I know what I don't want to find. And having exclusion filters would be an easy way to filter out the extra noise.

1,935 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HcgRandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yukashimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to remove a specific channel from search results using a "tag" such as "not in" (as opposed to the already existing "in").

Reason: recently i was searching for files in a big server I'm in and the search returned results from the NSFW channels, so instead of removing the role every single time I want to search I could just write "not in: nsfw" and there we go.

• Juliet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WOW IT IS REAL!!! HOW I FINALLY GOT RID OF MY GENITAL HERPES

Hello everyone, my name is E.Juliet From Canada,I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past years and had constant pain,getting weak,having headache and also get hot in my knees.And pray all day,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my family doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by DR OKPODU and i took the email address of this DR and i contact him for my sickness if he can be of help, so i wrote to DR OKPODU and told him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured but iwas not so sure,but i gave it a try well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by DR, less than a week i started experiencing changes all over my body and he assured me that in few weeks i will be ok.weeks later i went to my doctor for a test,few hours later i got the test result confirmed if i have be finally healed,i jumped and was really happy. So friends is if you have such sickness or any other problem at all you can email him on : dr.okpoduspellhome@gmail.com) And he also treats GENITAL WARTS,GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORTSIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, STROKE, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband.... DR thank you for the help i will forever remain greatful for your help. friends Please Only DR OKPODU Have The Cure To Herpes!!! contact him now on dr.okpoduspellhome@gmail.com and on whatsapp +2347053411686

• NepSpartan-759 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm honestly finding myself agreeing with this. Being able to pick which channels you can look through and what date you're looking through would help speed up searches greatly. Being able to see the messages from kicked or banned people would help too.

• Nixinova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to search for posts on a specific date using something like "on:(date)".

• Anders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also `!role: @bannedusers` would be great any role based querying, especially for bot makers.

• Scorpion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“not-during” is the same as having both the “before” and “after” tags

• aeaeaeae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the exclusion features in Google searches a lot, and I was really broken-hearted to discover that this didn't exist in Discord's search feature the other day. To describe what I envision using some of the examples below:

!from: aeaeaeae#2549 before: 2017-10-01 after: 2017-09-19 !during: 2017-09-29 bo? exa*

This would search for comments from ANYBODY but myself (aeaeaeae), before October 1st and after September 19th, BUT NOT on September 29th, and it would return results where people would say 3-letter words beginning with "bo" like "boy" and words of any length beginning with "exa" like "example."

• twin0mega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see an option that allows you to search ALL Discord channels you are in...not just the one which you are in doing the search from. Or does this already exist?

• Dan9er commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@snek "!" (meaning "not" in Java) also works. "!from:Retard#8008", "!in:#nsfw", "!during:today"

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base