How can we improve Discord?

Search exclusions

I would love to see a feature in search for exclusions, Stuff like:
not-from: user
not-in: channel
not-during: date
etc.

I find that a lot of times I know what I don't want to find. And having exclusion filters would be an easy way to filter out the extra noise.

1,861 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HcgRandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NepSpartan-759 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm honestly finding myself agreeing with this. Being able to pick which channels you can look through and what date you're looking through would help speed up searches greatly. Being able to see the messages from kicked or banned people would help too.

• Nixinova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to search for posts on a specific date using something like "on:(date)".

• KINSTIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone i am Janet Jordan and i am from Canada, I had a fight with my husband about three years ago and since then he has refuse to talk to me or even care about our family affair he abandoned us and went after another woman leaving me with three kids two girls and a boy,so last weeks a friend of my introduced me to a spell caster called Dr ODUMA who helped me brought my husband back many think he is a scam but i promise you that he is nothing compare to that not even close so if you have some problems in having or getting your ex back you can contact the great and wonderful spell caster Dr ODUMA in this address and he be willing to help you via: odumaspelltemple0@gmail.com

I am Mrs. VANISSA DANIEL from USA, i want to share a testimony of my life to every one. i was married to my husband, and i love him so much we have been married for 4 years now with three kids. when he went for a vacation to RUSSIAN he meant a lady called SANDRA, he told me that he is no longer interested in the marriage any more. i was so confuse and seeking for help, i don't know what to do until I met my friend miss joy and told her about my problem. she told me not to worry about it that she had a similar problem before and introduce me to a man called prophet jeremiah omoto who is man of God for her ex and bring him back to her after 2days. Miss joy ask me to contact prophet jeremiah omoto I contacted him to help me bring back my husband and he ask me not to worry about it that the God of his fore-fathers will fight for me. He told me by two days he will re-unite me and my husband together. After two day my husband called and told me he is coming back to sought out things with me, I was surprise when I saw him and he started crying for forgiveness. Right now I am the happiest woman on earth for what this great MAN OF God did for me and my husband, you can contact prophet jeremiah omoto on any problem in this world, he is very nice, here is his EMAIL contact: prophetmercyland@gmail.com or watch him television marcylandtv com .

My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas,especially in my sex life.I was so afraid of infecting my boyfriend, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting dermatologists queries hundreds of times.Unfortunately,they did not find a definitive solution to my problem.The solution came from the least expected place. By reading in a specialized forum on the subject,How to cure Herpes simplex virus completely.Many people had tried, with excellent and quick results.I had nothing to lose so I decided to use this method to eliminate my herpes. spent six weeks using this method and my herpes completely disappeared. I recommend this method to all people who want to eliminate the herpes from their body forever,contact odumaspelltemple0@gmail.com
    HERPES
    HSV 1 & HSV 2
    ASTHMA
    DIABETES
    EPILEPSY
    CANCER
    INFERTILITY
    STAPHYLOCOCCUS.
    BARENESS
    HIV /AIDS
    HEPATITIS B
    Kidney?

• jeff2233 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't express my Happiness but to say thank you Dr JOHN for bringing joy to peoples faces with your incredible herbs. i was infected with two difference disease HSV-1 & HSV-2 ..and when i met a friend of my who directed me to Dr.JOHN, he sent me bottles of herbal medicine that cure me from HSV-1 & HSV-2 if you need help or you have a problem, there is nothing Dr.JOHN can not do,so e-mail him with this mail address: lupuscure2016@gmail.com
    He also have the herb to cure.
    (1) HERPES,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA...
    (10) HPV
    (11) CANCER
    12) HE ALSO HAVE SPELL TO BRING BACK YOUR EX
    So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all:Eamil lupuscure2016@gmail.com Or call Or whats-app +2347064365391

• Anders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also `!role: @bannedusers` would be great any role based querying, especially for bot makers.

• Scorpion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“not-during” is the same as having both the “before” and “after” tags

• aeaeaeae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the exclusion features in Google searches a lot, and I was really broken-hearted to discover that this didn't exist in Discord's search feature the other day. To describe what I envision using some of the examples below:

!from: aeaeaeae#2549 before: 2017-10-01 after: 2017-09-19 !during: 2017-09-29 bo? exa*

This would search for comments from ANYBODY but myself (aeaeaeae), before October 1st and after September 19th, BUT NOT on September 29th, and it would return results where people would say 3-letter words beginning with "bo" like "boy" and words of any length beginning with "exa" like "example."

• twin0mega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see an option that allows you to search ALL Discord channels you are in...not just the one which you are in doing the search from. Or does this already exist?

• Dan9er commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@snek "!" (meaning "not" in Java) also works. "!from:Retard#8008", "!in:#nsfw", "!during:today"

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base