Implement new version of Opus (v1.2)
New version of Opus is out, lots of improvements, also for speech
"- Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s range
- Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
- More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including fullband speech starting at 14 kbit/s
- Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kb/s range
- Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
- Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
- DTX support for CELT mode
- SILK CBR improvements
- Support for all of the fixes in draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-06 (the mono downmix and the folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
- Many bug fixes, including integer wrap-arounds discovered through fuzzing (no security implications)
There are no known regressions compared to the latest stable release (1.1.5). Please report any problems."
We did update our Opus, as of 1/25/18!
Has been added as of; now.
Music life commented
Need this !!!
PLs add this!
I love how the settings menu says it's the best version of opus. The irony.
Serrara Fluttershy commented
Please add this!!
Any improvements to Discord's audio will definitely be appreciated! Right now it's definitely one of the worst, it's definitely fine for voice, but for anything else it's very much lackluster. Discord can do better.
Add better audio codex for individual channels as seen in Teamspeak 3. The sound is okay, at best, but needs improvement.