How can we improve Discord?

<name> is online.

Something similar to skype where you get a notification if your friend comes online. There should also be an option to disable this for certain friends or entirely.

1,896 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OinkyOverlord shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

69 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TheEthan8or commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype's still a good comparisson point. Stop fillling up my feed with these rediculous messages.

• Ancient Entity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No.
    Discord is a lot different from skype some people have hundreds of friends. I think it would be a bit of an annoyance even with disable features.

• sgtlion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much like Steam, as long as you can just enable this for certain users. Would be good.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@JackT Obviously they should make it so mobiles are set as idle/afk instead of invis/offline when you aren't active on Discord. This has nothing to do with the feature we want...Just common sense. Discord is supposed to be replacing Skype, so they need to take all the good features from it.

• ahmedplat12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't someone just make themselves invisible then online again wouldn't that trigger the notification, what if they spam it?

• Grace (phantom-triumphant) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you should just choose who you want to be notified for, as well as having the option to not allow people to get notifications of when you're online.

• ChalzZy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got a lot of friends xD This would be quite annoying. But I guess it wouldn't hurt if you're allowed to disable it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this and possibly a playing notification similar to Steam for official games (the ones in the list with a check) that you could also disable.

• CybaltM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cpt_Hilly: don't think you read the idea entirely. there will be an option to remove this popup. read before you post.

• cpt_Hilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

actually i would find this very anoying as so many services do this, and you can always check. i found it rather nice discord didn't do this

• JackT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, that could ne REALLY troublesome if youre trying to hide from someone youre having a fight with

• JackT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be good if not for the fact that with mobile, if you switch windows or turn of the screen (not phone), it marks you as offline. So every time my gf is doing something, I would get spammed with notifications every few seconds.

• amacuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea but there would need to be an option to not notify people, because I am sure not all people want to let people know when they are online.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base