How can we improve Discord?

THE BAN HAMMER HAS SPOKEN screen

At the moment when you get banned, the server just disappears. How about some sort of info box which lets you know that you just got kicked or banned, including who banned you and with what reason.

1,979 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MaanexMaanex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • R3tikleR3tikle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

like it should make it so the admin can say something like "get banned fgt"

• XbladeXblade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yea pls don't show WHO banned you. Just "a server admin" will do nicely.

• SimsSebastianSimsSebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very good, but I'm not sure displaying the user who banned you is a great idea. Retaliation could be an issue and I wouldn't want my moderators to be discouraged from doing their job just because they are afraid to be attacked for banning someone.

• SansSans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It would also be nice for Admins to see the ban reason when another Admin bans someone.

• dappahgenesdappahgenes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to know why I'm no longer on a server. In the last week. A server got deleted. I thought it was because I was kicked. We should be informed.

Also this week, I got kicked from a server. I thought it got deleted.

The reasons should be stated.

• StewieFellowsStewieFellows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this, except the part about showing the user (just to prevent possible retaliation)

• w1kk1dDev1Lw1kk1dDev1L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

REMOOOOOVED THE DAYUM APP N ONLY WANNA USE IT IN THE BROWSER...KEEPS DOWNLOADING ON IT OWN WTFH

• NoodlesNoodles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe keep the user who banned them anonymous. They can always include their name in the reason if they want to share that stuff

• AceheliflyerAceheliflyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Oasis: Not unless the bot DMs them before bannking/kicking the user.
    I would assume the bot Dyno uses the same system because it has ban/kick notifications.

• c loverc lover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bots shouldn't be the final resort for everything whilst they are good tools to use I do feel that this would be a great idea for Discord to implement.

• OasisOasis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>We've got bots for that

The user who was banned no longer shares a server with the bot, so the bot can't DM them to tell them.

• OphiseOphise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have ask the moderator of discord section t4c a ppl hacked me change my name and ask for me in cc, and the moderator bane me lol this app is nice but need more protection

• LiggliluffLiggliluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. This should be an option when banning someone to give them a reason why, or if it should be secret as it is now.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base