How can we improve Discord?

THE BAN HAMMER HAS SPOKEN screen

At the moment when you get banned, the server just disappears. How about some sort of info box which lets you know that you just got kicked or banned, including who banned you and with what reason.

243 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MaanexMaanex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ShentinoShentino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. If a server just disappears there's no way to know if the server was deleted or if you got banned from it or if the database just went tits up.

• HelmicHelmic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...optionally. Don't reward or incentivize people to get banned to see what the screen looks like. For someone that's been purged, it's very helpful to let that user know why when they go to the server icon again, and have an easy button to rejoin without needing to fish out a new invite. For kicks and bans, an optional message from the moderator that issued it could be helpful for some folk, especially for those automatically kicked or banned by a bot that might have malfunctioned.

• FrostCrackleFrostCrackle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree with this idea. Instead of having an info box of why you got banned, i'd rather it be optional to include such a thing. sometimes, i have people who i haven't talked to in ages, and i just don't want to have them on my server anymore, but i also don't want it to be glaringly obvious that i've banned them from my server; in which case, silent bans are perfect for me.

• Edit.FoxEdit.Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, this would be incredible for server pruning. Someone got kicked because of a prune? No more having to message\lose those specific people, Discord lets them know.

• MandL27MandL27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should also be done for kicking users, since they should be able to see the reason they were removed as much as the person/people who removed them did.

Feedback and Knowledge Base