How can we improve Discord?

Busy Status Indicator

With the different status' available the use of Do Not Disturb seems a little harsh when maybe you are only in the middle of a game or just busy working and may not be able to answer right away but are open to receiving messages. Online shows too much leniency and notification sounds. This is why I believe we should have a "Busy" status indicator that doesn't give notification sounds much like Do Not Disturb but allows other users to know we will get back to them albeit a bit delayed. The color could be Pink or Blue.

1,143 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Guddram shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Russo10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also be neat if you could set it to auto change to busy status while in a game, so you don't have to constantly change it manually.

• DBG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Discord is becoming a globally accepted general chat program, a busy status would be a nice edition for clarity.

• Aspi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like it if it they just made the Idle Status not give you sounds or messages unless it was @everyone or @here.

• mrs.digitalgold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new one coming on Discord, I picked up on a certain tone for this app. Which is funny sarcastic and somewhat anything goes. So 'Do Not Disturb' fits right into how the communication is conveyed.I just laugh at it all and stay focused on why I;m on discord.

• Squirt_lel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this idea is terrible in anyway but it seems like it would only be useful to a few people, isn't it exactly the same as DND but people would realize that if you were "busy" you wouldn't be able to respond immediately but would respond. Doesn't DND do this because it says you wont respond but you are actually on discord, unlike offline. Maybe it's just the name of DND that's the problem, wouldn't naming it say "busy" instead be basically to the same effect.

• munio73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

additionally, it would be nice if users could set up "mute patterns" for each status so e.g. on "do not disturb" you only get messages from that one important server and these close friends whereas on busy these big servers are muted or something. I might make this a separate suggestion...

• Liggliluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alex'Presso but "playing" is dynamic to what language is set.

But do note that it only refers to playing games. I've seen people writing stuff like "playing with my dolls" which will be grammatically wrong in several languages. This is why only game titles should be used.

• Alex'Presso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really good idea, have the feature to use a custom status instead of changing the "playing" game would be cool too :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base