How can we improve Discord?

Maintenance mode

Ok, so say you need to do some work to your server and you don't want users online. You enable maintenance mode in the server settings so that only admins can connect. When users click on your server a page pops up saying 'Servername is currently in Maintenance Mode. Estimated time left: ----- ' or something simular?

845 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TimTim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Prax BloodwatersPrax Bloodwaters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome.

I was just trying to find something like this. We want to reorganize a bit, rename tags, rename and create new channels, change some users roles. It would be really awesome if we could close the server for a couple hours and let people come back to the new one with all the work done.

• cocooncocoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

staking coin address : SZjqWzE6FyranUBwV4MeUkuPR3A

Asset quantity : 11,267907506 B3

Transactions Date Time : 2017-10-01 03:04:38

Please tell me how to fix it Note that the network works will in the office

Requirement

1. Return B3coin to you office computer for staking.

2. I want to Know why my wallet is not installed on my home computer.

I woukd like to ask the B3coin team for help
    I downloaded the B3 wallet from the GitHub for stacking and transferred the cryptopia Exchange's
    assets to the staking wallet. but my wallet was not networked and my assets did not reach my wallet
    Today is the 7th day.

Please remotely support
    No networking after B3Coin wallet installation

• JackTJackT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, what kind of maintenance could you possibly do that would need such a feature? It makes no sense

• JackTJackT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see this easily being abused by admins who want to throw a tantrum.

• FelipeFelipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good Idea, although I think there are bots that have that functionality

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean seperate servers, not the whole discord network.

• EncursedEncursed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see what you think, but what if the server was in its previous state until maintenance mode was unchecked, and the admin would have a icon saying "maintenancing server" or something like that.

• ZeroKnightZeroKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with @Biddle, I don't see how this would be useful. Modifying servers is pretty transparent for the most part, and if you were making massive changes that would require barring users from being present at all on a regular enough basis, then not having a "Maintenance Mode" would be the least of your problems.

• BiddleBiddle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to be a pretty useless feature. When would this be usefull ?

If you want to edit your channels (create/delete) as mentioned in a comment you can do so by creating them privately and managing them out without your users seing you do so before pushing all publicly or to the groups that should have access to them.

And for other server modifications, they don't effect your users really.

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, this would actually be so useful. I was creating and deleting channels with people online. Which was okay, but they can message in those channels I was working with and ask about them. I was just doing stuff and messages were flying every where. If I could just have it so no one could have access to the server for a few mins it would be awesome. That way I could fix stuff before people go spamming messages.

• iPlayᴳiPlayᴳ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@XCanG
    He's talking about individual servers, not the Discord Network.

Otherwise, good idea!

• XCanGXCanG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, they have that one. After Discord working more than year they pop up message about that shutdown for some days before it happen. In normally they not do any maintenance, so in other word it mostly issue and that's why you not connect.

Feedback and Knowledge Base