How can we improve Discord?

Maintenance mode

Ok, so say you need to do some work to your server and you don't want users online. You enable maintenance mode in the server settings so that only admins can connect. When users click on your server a page pops up saying 'Servername is currently in Maintenance Mode. Estimated time left: ----- ' or something simular?

3,700 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Test1, as I have said multiple times, some people do not have a private bot, and cannot get one.

• Test1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not hard to create, I made my private bot send a DM to all the users of my discord saying that the discord is in maintenance and cant be used, it set all my users to one rank other than admins, then locked everyone with the server maintenance roll into one channel that shows up when its activated by the bot. so i can modify the server to my hearts content then deactivate maintenance mode by simply putting in the command -StopMaintenance

• ShadowHusky™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome! So we can fix/setup our server correctly without people can see it. Just add this guys!

• ⌬ iHack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just make/buy a bot that does this for you. All you need to do is have a role (higher than the roles that isn't supposed to see other than a maintenance channel) which will block all permissions to see text & voice channels but one text channel saying the server is in maintenance. This could easily been achieved by a bot.

• Galaticb69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 definitely A good idea since I’m a server owner I can totally understand why this would be great

• Freakface109 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, I highly support this. I used to add people to "Maintenance" role when my server was kinda small (about 30-50). And it worked great! However, now I recently hit 115, so... that's going to be a LONG process. This would fix the problem :)

• Widz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can already be done in effect by stripping all roles and making the everyone role unable to see anything but a single channel. Which you could title "Maintenance Mode"

• Onyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if you could freeze a server for only the top admins so that way they can edit the server completely, without anyone else seeing anything change and when the top admins are done they can click publish or confirm and put in a password that the owner made and then it automatically changes the server with all the new updates instead of having to go through everything one thing at a time and everyone freaking out over all the changes.

• asdf. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like if there is "Maintenance Mode" honestly it would be very helpfull for Owner's of Discord server.

+1

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For servers with endless amounts of channels, that takes a long time.

• Scotty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just limit the @everyone role to viewing one channel with a message like "Server under mantinence" while you work on the server.

• vunoa001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better idea: You choose who are allowed to connect to the server, so you can close it when you need some fixes that only some people (non-admin) can see.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base