How can we improve Discord?

Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it could be easier to quickly identify who has admin rights and who not, especially on big servers where, if you are in a hurry, you may or not may be able to instantly see exactly that. It is just a small addition, the fact that it could be activated or deactivated within the server settings also means that it is no forced change. So a pure addition ^^

6,491 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Toobs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dinosaur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since a few weeks server owners got small crowns next to their name with a ''Server Owner'' discription.

It would be cool if server moderators could also have such icons next to their name, premade by Discord or selfmade uploaded icons with a custom discription set by the server owner. (Same size as the owner crown)

Moderators wouldn't require a role for this, but will still be recognized by other users. Icons can also be toggled on/off by the server owner.

• Speedy84au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i had the crown there yesterday i log on today and its gone after an update what happened?
    i was liking the crown there beside my name
    i am on multiple servers some have the crown on the server owner and some don't why?

• Massunoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or similar to bots just have Adm in a box colored to the admin role next to their name

• Laurond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you could just add the option to add an icon to any role instead, custom or selected from a list..
    That'd be great.

• Rashaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since servers owners have a gold crown, maybe add a silver crown for admins, and a bronze crown for mods

• SOUK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why create an ultra girly feminine crown for the server owners when they already had an option to create themselves their own group and set it aside from everyone else?

• Lewk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for making the icons optional! Most of the time people know who the server owner is. And if they don't they are free to ask. So optional would be awesome ..!

• Dirge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This started showing up this morning. There really needs to be an option to hide it. We use our discord server for communication within a small gaming community. The crown is not appropriate in our setting.

• Glundyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for making the icons optional! I'd love to maintain the illusion of equality on my close friends server

• IMoC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you make it optional? I don't want to be all sassy with a crown next to my name.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base