How can we improve Discord?

Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it could be easier to quickly identify who has admin rights and who not, especially on big servers where, if you are in a hurry, you may or not may be able to instantly see exactly that. It is just a small addition, the fact that it could be activated or deactivated within the server settings also means that it is no forced change. So a pure addition ^^

3,544 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Toobs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DJAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to also be able to disable it if you're an admin. *hint hint*

• Toobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sadly can't update the suggestion, however

↓ Approving of these ↓

• Rydoge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with @marens101. We should be able to make and customize bubble like the bot bubble for any role, such as having a bubble that said "Mod" and make it orange.

• marens101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking something like the Bot Bubble, and if we're going to do this for admins, allow the owners to do this for any role, so we could also have, for example, a Mod bubble, etc.

• Imranz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this idea since its helpful to know who is taking care of the server cause someone times only a role is quite confusing

• h0r1zonZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@jan358 roles get easily cluttered and some people just don't like mess. It's not hard to do, we don't want to do it

• jan358 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Is that difficult to put a role separatly of the others named admins( And put it first of the list)

• aStonedDog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like that you can set up icons that show near the profile picture like the "Discord Staff Badge" but on the other side, so you can give icons to roles.

• aStonedDog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i woud love it! :D

because whit much people on the server it woud be an better way to identify ^^

• BigBoom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding icons to each role is a great idea, kinda like in teamspeak you have user group icons. I definitely want to see that.

• ^stashy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some servers, like mine, are based on equality for everyone - I don't like to be treated differently just because I created the server. Not having any identifiers helps with that. If Discord actually implements this, I really do hope they allow server owners to choose if they want to display this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base