How can we improve Discord?

Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it could be easier to quickly identify who has admin rights and who not, especially on big servers where, if you are in a hurry, you may or not may be able to instantly see exactly that. It is just a small addition, the fact that it could be activated or deactivated within the server settings also means that it is no forced change. So a pure addition ^^

7,780 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Toobs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

155 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mazaliano 😎 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

an awesome idea, I'm certain that discord are going to have it in their upcoming patches... This has to happen ASAP to show the power of admins in the server too, and this icon give personality.. and It is important for people to know that this guy is reliable (in big servers for sure)... if he/she sends a link about something everyone would know that this guy is trusted by the server's owner. and so on

• EatThatPie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admins don't need any more reminders that they have power over users in there servers. The crown symbol is plenty enough.

• ѦбЯ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't find it very useful as it would look the server staff a bitt. narcissistic? I don't know, it's just my opinion!

• CamoElf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For An Easier Way To Recognise Different Staff
    Examples:
    Owners - has a star symbol
    Admins - has a Blue Orb
    --------------------------------------------
    A Custom Tag:
    (Just a Example)
    #admin - [name of user]

I think this can be a very useful Idea for Very Large Servers/Communities

• Diannika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do our own. Server staff have a specific emoji before their name. even when we switch nicknames, we keep the sparkle (the emoji we use) and members are forbidden from copying it.

People can see in the chat who is a modmin at a glance, while we dont have to have a staff role color (in our server its better to be able to take on the colors of short-term event roles)

• Prowl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admins already have roles, one could change their color, and now you know that the player is the server admin

• TheNamesSubject commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A admin tag so like with bots how it says ‘BOT’ next to there name when a person in a server has the administrator permission granted it displays there name with a blue ‘ADMIN’ label next to there name.

• CHAZER2222 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, it would be cool to have a Silver crown for the owner of the server to put on people so they could be easily identified as admins or mods?

• xWREEPER1883 ツ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hence is your answer:

Apparently the Server Owner crown will show only when there are not administrator roles.(that means roles without the "Administrator" permission).

• Dinosaur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since a few weeks server owners got small crowns next to their name with a ''Server Owner'' discription.

It would be cool if server moderators could also have such icons next to their name, premade by Discord or selfmade uploaded icons with a custom discription set by the server owner. (Same size as the owner crown)

Moderators wouldn't require a role for this, but will still be recognized by other users. Icons can also be toggled on/off by the server owner.

• Speedy84au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i had the crown there yesterday i log on today and its gone after an update what happened?
    i was liking the crown there beside my name
    i am on multiple servers some have the crown on the server owner and some don't why?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base