How can we improve Discord?

Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

2,476 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sodah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • z1Lch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to pop out each individual feed, both for organizational and OBS streaming purposes. This could allow you to organize your friend's feeds into one (watchable or joinable) #video channel.

• Sk1x_x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this a thing yet? Can't ditch the sh*t out of Skype without that feature :[[

• Scorage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add this in it's the one thing that I actually miss from skype and it would make this program 10x greater :D

• Astra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! Ever since my girlfriend and I stopped using Skype the only thing that we miss is the small window while the app is minimized.

• Ember commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a float on top option. I'd like to be able to see my friends while I'm doing other stuff.

• Illyria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this devs, we really want this! It's what will make you better than skype (as if you weren't)! Thank you!

• youalllovemochi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could have like a floating option to put the chat/stream above the gaming screen? Now everytime I click to play the game The screen disappears under the game window which is uncomfortable..

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleeeeease add pop out video chat! I know SO many people who would use it

• crownsedge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this could use macOS's native Picture in Picture functionality, that'd be even better.

• derpanine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider this feature. I'm so ready to make to migrate from Skype if this happens. It's the only feature I am still hanging onto skype for.

• forexample commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a pinned to top box for the video that can be seen outside of discord (similar to skype) that can be disabled

• Bryn1701 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree with this feature. As it is now. It's just not usable for what I need. But if this feature goes in, I can 100% drop Skype for ever! And good riddance!

• Mars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree, like seriously, it's super distracting when you can't see the other person(s) when you're in another application. Not all of us have two or three monitors to remedy this, either.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base