How can we improve Discord?

Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

5,101 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sodah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Loofy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Invited a bunch of new people to discord for the first time, their main and chief complaint was not being able to have a slim chat window similar to G-Chat, Messenger. Something discreet and not taking up a lot of screen real estate.

• Ondra Klíma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that most has been said,so just a quick repeat.. This feature is the last thing that holds me from replacing Skype by Discord and I'm really looking forward to that day, since Discord is a great alternative - except for this feature. For team or MMO games it's already superior, yes, but sometimes I want to play witch just one friend and then I prefer using video call with always on top popup window. Or even for chat with friends, it's much more convenient. Also while coaching some games you want to see the other player face so you know if he's focused, heard you or how he reacts.

tl;dr Please, implement this and let us together lay down Skype to its final rest.

• Dank_Kush_69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I seriously can't handle Skype with it's newest update. You can't even see the person in the pop-out now anyway (due to MASSIVE ICONS). This would be a firm addition that will prevent me from even second guessing my decision to move to Discord.

• Selim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge addition to me as my girlfriend does not have a second monitor for during video calls, so she needs a pop-out window if she wants to do anything while we chat. I think this is the last thing holding us back from moving away from Skype.

Thanks for the great work!

• Getz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installed discord to replace skype, had to change back to skype because this feature is missing :(

• Sasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just today realized this feature is missing from VChat.

Pretty please, hamster-masters, it'd be an amazing quality-of-life addition! Clearly you've got atleast 4800 people interested in it! ;)

• Nico123o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would actually make Discord twenty times better than Skype. It's strange how they do not have this yet..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base