How can we improve Discord?

Video call and screenshare at the same time

Please add the ability for one user to simultaneously share their screen and video at the same time.

1,937 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ashley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ichigo1554 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so i use the video sharing feature a lot with my friends. and i think it could be really cool if discord could both do video sharing and web cam at the same time, so people could show there interactions better :)

• deR1t commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

optimization might be needed for this :p

screensharing and video both alone usually can ruin fps a bit (depending on the game) so i couldn't imagine both at the same time o.O

• Kenichi23J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Picture in Picture, Screen Share while being able to still have the webcam in a corner.

Basically while screen share there is a small box with your webcam and the user can move the box around to where ever they want!

• PCQCGAMING commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While screensharing, having the possibility to add the camera, just like if you were streaming :) and having the option to scale the camera

• SomebodyElse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I find that the stability of Discord is... Variable, even on pretty stable internet compared to Skype's connectivity, I would rather use Skype when I can get good voice connectivity, screen share, and webcam, at the same time.

So I think that a design similar to or the same as Skype's would work best with a feature such as this if it does get implemented, but I would also enable this only for Nitro users.

• Hypersomniac Cat (nappy) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! There are many times when I'm in a video call with my boyfriend and I want to show him some cringe on my screen. It's tiresome to copy and paste links all the time :(

• Emortalslasher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could do this one of three ways.

1. Have so the person’s face cam is on top and their screen sharing is on the bottom

2. Have them be side by side

3. Make some sort of free mode where you can change the size of the screen to what ever you want

• Ancient Entity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would need a very powerful internet connection and not just you everybody viewing it would need strong network connections aswell.

• Weeeishy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for this to be implemented. I feel like it's so important thing to have since we already have the 2 features implemented.

• MYSELF3200 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Video call overlay, similar to how youtubers have their faces in the corners of the screen, make it so you can see you and your friend's faces in game.

• redraskal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the current time, you are able to screenshare using your webcam or your screen, although wouldn't it be nice to overlay the webcam on the screenshare :O

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base