How can we improve Discord?

Video call and screenshare at the same time

Please add the ability for one user to simultaneously share their screen and video at the same time.

989 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ashley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ancient Entity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would need a very powerful internet connection and not just you everybody viewing it would need strong network connections aswell.

• Weeeishy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for this to be implemented. I feel like it's so important thing to have since we already have the 2 features implemented.

• MYSELF3200 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Video call overlay, similar to how youtubers have their faces in the corners of the screen, make it so you can see you and your friend's faces in game.

• redraskal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the current time, you are able to screenshare using your webcam or your screen, although wouldn't it be nice to overlay the webcam on the screenshare :O

• Oscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add this, this really is necessary to compete with programs like Skype.

• BearDrummer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine being able to see the gamemasters face AND the dungeon layout at the same time....

• Gamerborn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is a workaround for this, just get OBS, and then screenshare OBS while it's capturing both the game and your face. if you want it to be fullscreen, you can project the output and screen share that.

• Mushy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please allow video and cam share Because i would like to be able to see my friend play a scary game and watch his face

• Remnant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever i start a screenshare it removes my video from the video call. I think it would be an easy fix to have both of them up at the same time, similar to skype.

• КЕПІТН99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To tack onto what XCanG said, this would end up using more bandwidth. One, as Discord Video Sharing (be cam or screen) is still in development and testing stages, we have no idea whether Discord's servers are able to support all of this at once. Two, it'd end up to be more taxing on Discord's servers as well as your own internet connection (as well as the recipient's internet), as it'd almost be the same as streaming your desktop to Twitch and your webcam to Youtube live or something at the same time. Granted, you may have the internet power to support the upload, but not everyone has the internet power to support the download stream of both simultaneously.

• XCanG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well I know a trick with virtual device where you can simulate any scren. overlay, e.t.c. so you may combine video cam with your desktop.
    Anyway this suggestion will require to double size video traffic because of both separately devices, unless you will combine it into one output, BUT this will consume your CPU for rendering this output.

Feedback and Knowledge Base