How can we improve Discord?

Welcome screen for new members.

CONCEPT: https://i.imgur.com/34mH7dv.png It would be nice to have a way for new members to read the basic stuff before entering a server. Like rules, where to find specific channels, and just some info in general.

206 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NewbsNewbs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NeilNeil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did that for one of my servers :
    The only chan you can reach is the #welcome one, in which you define al the rules in markdown (Go check Markdown syntax)
    Every other chan are restricted, as long as the user does not !accept the rules. The !accept actually gives a simple role, that allows the user to write/read the other chans.
    But before this, make sure you lock all the chans to restricted for @everyone, but give the simple role, the permissions to write and read.
    Once you explained everything they'll have to !accept, and it's actually a bot behind that will assign this role.

Contact me on Discord Neil#8062 If you need examples, or further explanations.

• GamiGami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like this idea, but there should also be a 5 or so second wait before they can click continue

• NewbsNewbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I know. But this idea would be nice because users wouldn't be able to say stuff like "Oh I didn't know about that rule" when a mod says something to them. When they enter the server, they kinda "!accept" it.

• Andre_601Andre_601 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's kinda good idea. But for the moment you can set a main channel for invites and remove the rights, to write there...
    Then just add your messages and maybe some images and your done!

Feedback and Knowledge Base