How can we improve Discord?

Vacation Mode (Out of Office)

Even though it may be terrifying. There are times when we will not have access to Discord or any internet to begin with. Usually this has to do with being on vacation, moving, or something else.

Despite telling everyone about your plans to go to Wumpton Island, inevitably people will not get the message or forget.

This mode fixes this by automatically replying to DM's and mentions with a prewritten message. Your status also changes "On break" with a light blue color, this status is treated like any offline user.

2,854 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Corporatization commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly 3k upvotes and not a reply from Discord, come on now. This feature seems great, not only for people that are actually on Vacation but just for people that are busy with doing things like homework, etc. Having the ability to send a few different autoreply messages to choose between would be great too. i.e. "On vacation!" "Finishing work!" etc. etc. If autoreply is something out of the question a button that notifies users of different things would also be beneficial, i.e. whenever you enable your light blue mode you can have a message under/next to your discord name that says "On vacation until ___" or "Finishing work, back in ____ hours or ____ days."

This feature doesn't have to be a new button either, you could simply add a tag to go along with the already red "Do not disturb" mode, I just think having more clarity with other users is always a beneficial thing, having the ability to tell other users why you're away without internet access or when you'll be back online would be beneficial in the long run I believe.

Just something to consider and I hope you get around to this post in particular soon enough.

• Nutchapol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From Katzu Niku comment, Maybe in the style of Clyde's messages after sending dms to a person who blocked you or trying to send a custom emoji in another server w/o nitro

• Katzu Niku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drop all the "vacation/out of office" nonsense and JUST ADD AN AUTO-REPLY TO DMs WHEN "BUSY" FEATURE, PLEASE.

• Cyg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is potentially a security issue since people in the server will know you are not at home or work. People have used vacation posts on Facebook to break into homes and such.

As such, it should at the very least be specific to each server and come with a warning. :)

• ImTired commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That sounds like a nifty idea. It would make Discord itself seem a lot more in-depth as well.

• jrmswell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And maybe when people @ you a clyde could appear and just say something along the lines of:

"So and so can't respond at the moment because..."

Which would be very nice

• Mazzy 💮 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always get people upset with me not responding when I’m busy for a week or something. Love this idea.

• FatSpidy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly it sounds to me more like you want an auto-response to DMs option. Which would be cool. But the 'out of office' aspect is already taken care of.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base