How can we improve Discord?

Colorblind

I have deuteranopia (red/green) and I can't differentiate the colors in the activity status bubble. Adding a tool tips kind of function where I can hover the mouse over the bubble to see if they are active/away/busy/offline etc would go a long way to those affected by deuteranopia colorblindness determine the activity status of users.

7,828 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

shwing shwing shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminDabbit Prime (Admin, Discord) responded  · 

Hey everyone! Super happy to be able to share some good news with all of you! We have added a Colorblind mode to Discord! It can currently be found under User Settings > Appearance and can be toggled on/off at your discretion.

Not only that but we have even more accessibility features we’re going to be adding in the coming months and we would love your help in testing them! Just join us over at https://discord.gg/discord-testers (read the #rules channel first!) and look for a channel called #a11y-faq to get all the info you need on staying up to date with pre-release accessibility features and help us improve and find bugs!

Also feel free to check out this Help Center article! https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004929972

201 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Foxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As this is a great idea... I honestly don't think you had to go to the extent of adding a whole new option and a bunch of line of coding to your already "becoming a cluster f**k" of discord already.

You could have easily just changed the original icons themselves to the new colourblind ones as the default. And then mentioned in the update that the new icons will now help colourblind people as well. That would have saved time, saved having to add another option, and saved a bunch of coding being added to discord.

I'm not colourblind, but I like the new icons for it and am using them anyway.

In the end, since this is how discord went about it; it's great that it was added and that it helps people. So cheers to that.

• Fulvio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very good job, surely lot of people will appreciate your efforts to help them to enjoy discord

• Huor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, i look forward that you will add into admin log any member/user moved by someone.
    With Teamspeak and Mumble all command utilisation by a admin or moderator are logged.
    In discord only change name, kick and ban user and all channel add, edit or delere are logged

• boka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I CAN FINALLY SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU

• Uthael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you!

Tip for designers: shapes for differentiating important stuff, color for making it look better. That's why STOP sign is the only octagonal one and traffic lights have 3 lights instead of just one changing colors.

• chubrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Спасибо вам огромное! А то я не мог узнать, в сети человек или нет. Молодцы! Так держать!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base