How can we improve Discord?

Mute symbol should look different when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves.

Why does the mute symbol look the same when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves? Many times now I've muted a user some other day, don't remember it, join a channel where he is and I just think he's muted himself and I probably talk over him.

3,848 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Liima shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • amateur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be three difference mute symbols and two for deafen; if they mute themselves, if I personally mute them, and if I server mute them. For the deafens: if they deafeb themselves, or if I server deafen them.

• Nutchapol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Read another suggestion talking about colorblind...
    Also there's themselves muted, server-muted and the "i will not listen to that person" mute
    and there's themselves deafened and server-deafened

Maybe red if server-muted, yellow if "i will not listen to that person" mute and grey for them muted
    and red for server-deafened and grey for them deafened

also different icons for each states but looking not too different

• Ankou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes that a good idea make muted red when it is muted by server and make normal when muted by local member

• Burnout Beat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel all they gotta do is make the server mutes and deafens be red or something like that. Small UI change.

• matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 days ago I apparently was talking over a guy a ton because i thought he muted himself but apparently i muted him like a month ago.

• Magnyus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if I remember correctly but Mumble had different icons to differentiate server mutes vs local mutes.

Colour coding the icons would be a really easy fix, say red for server mute/deafen, yellow for local, and green or default grey when they've muted themselves.

• Gio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a different icon for when someone mute itself and when you mute someone

• CZSurvivor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The icon should be different if a person has muted themselves to when you have muted them.

• Lapfinou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed. I spent 15 minutes trying to debug my friend's setup by typing what to do, when in fact I muted him days ago...

• Thedocotor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When muted or silenced, the discord tray icon and/or taskbar icon could change to a mute or silence symbol.

• Ratchet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users are always forgetting when they have muted people in big servers and then go on to wonder why they can't hear them at a later date. There is also problems knowing when you have been server muted. Coloured icons would make this more identifiable.

http://i.imgur.com/sY76y9R.png

Red = Server Muted
    Orange = Muted by you
    Grey = Muted themselves

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base