How can we improve Discord?

Support multiple accounts in app

In the same way google lets you "Add account..." and then switch to it at your own convenience, I think the Desktop App for Discord should allow you to sign in once with each account you own and then switch between them without having to re-login every time.

2,801 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FlowerLovely shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

194 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • coaderio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lol 3 years and 192 comments and almost 3k votes and this still isn't a feature.

• Hiraeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good and neat idea. But what if your device was stolen? The thief would have both accounts easily accessible.

• Uoninurs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to add additional accounts, and switch between them. This will allow you to enter your account (s) without problems in the future, without thinking about further authorization.

• Triggered.pdf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When clicking/tapping on the Home button on the Discord App or website, I believe there should be a button next to "Activity" or what the bold, white text header is that says "Switch Accounts". Purple, small rectangular button that cannot be missed.
    It allows the user to switch from one account to his/her other accounts that they use without having to deal with logging out, back in, etc...
    Making the process a whole lot easier.
    That's all :)

• Lord Dude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd prefer a system where I could be logged into multiple accounts at once, being able to switch between them via some sort of menu on the left-hand side or something. I have two accounts of my own, and it would be great to have them both active at the same time on the desktop app. Right now I have one on the desktop app and one in the Chrome browser. It works, but it's not ideal.

• Foxtrek_64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"It automatically logs you in..." That sounds extremely insecure. While I don't mind it saving recent logins on the login modal, typing in your password (and using 2FA if enabled) *every* time you log in is a must.

• BetoRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can easily done using the multi user accounts plugin in Firefox (and others for other browsers) but it would be very good to have this in the client itself.

• TheLAW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as someone who has to use two profiles for my server work this is definitely needed

• JesusCoins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it not just be easier to remember a path seperatly and uniquely light-love-life?? Let the energy be driven through our mathematics empowering breath into "the beast" The "code" is the beast if machine is binary. positive-negative-proton-neutron-atom-evo(dust or machine) / E=mc2 = 33.3

I have lost many accounts over the years with irreplacceable data during the last 8 years . Hundreds and hundredds but I quit always looked at what lies ahead.

https://feedback.discordapp.com/users/837670237-jesuscoinshttps://feedback.discordapp.com/users/837670237-jesuscoins

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base