How can we improve Discord?

Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
> Categories
-channels
>Sub-Categories
-channels
(apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

3,442 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Hat Hacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

137 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Delande commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, allowing us to nest categories would make organizing discord channels a lot easier and less cluttered.

• YourPalJake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important as many of my servers get overcrowded by to many catagories that actualy have 1 main categorie for example: coding or games etc

• Inter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to have channel nesting with sub-categories. This has a lot of use for heavily information/text based servers. For some servers it has become an issue not being able to sub-categorize vast amounts of text, making the server look like it has an endless list of channels. Patiently waiting for an update in that field.

• Shaboicarl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Category<Sub<Voicechat/Textchat

Or

'Category'
    'League of Legends'
    'Voicechat'
    'Textchat'

• RebrandedAircraft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that a nice feature would be Subcatergories. In one Category, for example, Games, you could put a subcategory, like putting in Fortnite or any game.

• MorganGavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, there are suggestions for Categories within Categories, but for the sake of argument, can we make the feature three to four levels deep? for the Server Owners that want a more finessed approach to making Text, Voice, and Role categories? Not only would it clean up the side bars a bit, but I'm sure it would save time when the program only has to load so many roles since it has closed categories.

If you Devs couldn't tell, I'm voting for Role Categories and sub categories as well.

• TheFlash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Battle Royale server and I want one category for Fortnite and sub-categories for different platforms (Console, PC, Mobile) this would make this SO much more simpler

• Nutchapol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, category nesting would be good
    especially when you seperate your texts and voices

• Hating Life576 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I will show this idea in a better fashion (in my understanding)

_Main Category_

-Sub Category-

#Channel
    >Voice Channel

-Sub Category-

#Channel
    >Voice Channel

_Other Category_
    And so on.... am I interpreting that correctly?

• waSStyle Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it will be super discord myself I asked this discord but unfortunately he refused by sending me "Alexander (Discord)

March 10th 03:00 PST

Hello,

This feature is unfortunately not currently available in our application. However, if you want these systems to be changed in the future, you can vote for suggestions on this at feedback.discordapp.com. I took the liberty of poking a little myself, and I found this suggestion that seems to me to match what you are looking for: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land / suggestions / 31570177-category-within-a-category, sub-category
    You are of course free to do your own research or to open your own suggestion (if you do, do not forget to send it to me so that I can vote for!). If you have any problems with English, I will also be happy to help you.

If you vote for ideas that you think are important, it will help us a lot because feedback has a great impact on the choices of features and fixes that we will implement in the future as these decisions are made based on what our community wants.

Once again, I am really sorry that we currently have no solution to propose to you, but in the future, everything is possible!

Feel free to send me any other question or comment!

Regards,
    Alexander

If you have any idea how we could improve Discord, do not hesitate to let us know! (Http://bit.ly/1Gu0WVU)
    "

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base