How can we improve Discord?

Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
> Categories
-channels
>Sub-Categories
-channels
(apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

4,206 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Hat Hacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

209 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • phoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please-- it is very crucial for text-based roleplaying groups to have organization like this-- just like others have said below! Creating category after category can get cluttered, creating a category with sub-categories that you can collapse or expand (like regular categories can) would benefit so much for example-- a fictional location with multiple areas/ and room locations to go to. With the help of sub-categories, you could select a general location, and expand on the areas/places to go to WITHIN the sub-categories. Easily collapse-able, so that you can make room to easily scroll through the server entirely without having to sort through rows and rows of.. categories with tons of channels!

• Kaneki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it sounds nice as long as there aren't too many because that could get confusing or cluttered. I'm really down for anything though.

• SuperKeeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why even create a limit to the amount of subcategories we could have? Discord roleplay groups that rely on organization to make their entire system work would extremely benefit on having the option of creating as many subcategories as they need, even within an existing subcategory. It does open up the possibility of people pointlessly creating subcategory after subcategory for the funsies, but why not allow those that need the extra organization the option?

• Manbeast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be huge organizer for my gaming group to be able to tier categories within a larger one. Main Game --> Campaign 1 / Campaign 2 / Campaign 3. Could then easily collapse entire game group if we were using a different system that day. Would be JUUUUUGE!

• Xelriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, For someone who plans to make a giant community of gamers, for gamers, By gamers and to meet new people to play with, this is 100% important to creating a properly constructed and clean discord that hosts dozens and dozens of games.

• xyeLz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a HUGE plus for someone like me who has a Discord with over 500 people and is trying to branch off in numerous directions with my organization.

The last thing I want to do is create/manage separate Discords and begin to bother people by asking/requiring them to join another server. Additionally, I like the thought of consolidating my community to a single server and organize everything from within.

• TheFatGeneral commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to create sub-categories inside an already existing category.
    For example :

You got a category called "games" with the sub-categories Shooters and strategy, inside those sub-categories voice and text channels can be put to make the server more organised.

• NathanSpike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have so many game channels (categories) that need to be inside a category so I can just close all of them.

Would be very nice.

• Lukas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How cool would it be to be able to create categories where you have subcategories, and only when you open those subcategories will you see the text and voice channels. This makes it possible to make a server much clearer.

• Snake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then inside the Sub Categories we can add Voice Channels or Text Channels

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base