How can we improve Discord?

Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
> Categories
(apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

3,110 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Hat Hacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Nutchapol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, category nesting would be good
    especially when you seperate your texts and voices

• Hating Life576 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I will show this idea in a better fashion (in my understanding)

_Main Category_

-Sub Category-

>Voice Channel

-Sub Category-

>Voice Channel

_Other Category_
    And so on.... am I interpreting that correctly?

• waSStyle Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it will be super discord myself I asked this discord but unfortunately he refused by sending me "Alexander (Discord)

March 10th 03:00 PST

This feature is unfortunately not currently available in our application. However, if you want these systems to be changed in the future, you can vote for suggestions on this at I took the liberty of poking a little myself, and I found this suggestion that seems to me to match what you are looking for: / suggestions / 31570177-category-within-a-category, sub-category
    You are of course free to do your own research or to open your own suggestion (if you do, do not forget to send it to me so that I can vote for!). If you have any problems with English, I will also be happy to help you.

If you vote for ideas that you think are important, it will help us a lot because feedback has a great impact on the choices of features and fixes that we will implement in the future as these decisions are made based on what our community wants.

Once again, I am really sorry that we currently have no solution to propose to you, but in the future, everything is possible!

Feel free to send me any other question or comment!

If you have any idea how we could improve Discord, do not hesitate to let us know! (Http://

• Wispmun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree as well. As an Admin in a very complicated server were we have already reached the channel limits for a category and having to split the one category up with sub categories with in would be grand and extremely helpful.

• JMO100 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We Have A Pretty Complex Discord Server, And It Would Make It So Much Easier To Have Sub Channels. Such As Having Category For Games Then Have A Category For A Certain Game Then have A Text chat For That Game (For Screenshots) And 1 Or More VC's For That Game. Their Is No Real Way Of Doing Anything As Clean As That In Discord Currently.

• MoonPie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to create categories within categories would be amazing:
    Example: A Games category with sub classes like Blizzard games, steam games, and more. this would help organize servers

• rife170 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm an admin for a gaming community with over 200 weekly active members.

We desperately need sub-channels and temp channels that self-delete when the last user leaves.

These are literally the only features we miss from teamspeak.

• Teer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes this would help me so much cause i would love to have a path of
    Cat: Games with limited slots
    Sub: Fortnite
    Chan: 3 rooms
    Sub: PUBG
    Chan: 3 rooms
    so on so forth

• Silver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will help out so much. I mod for a relatively popular YouTuber's server and the amount of channels is ridiculous, even with categories. Subcategories would free up so much left bar space!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base