How can we improve Discord?

Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
> Categories
-channels
>Sub-Categories
-channels
(apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

4,098 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Hat Hacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

199 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NathanSpike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have so many game channels (categories) that need to be inside a category so I can just close all of them.

Would be very nice.

• Lukas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How cool would it be to be able to create categories where you have subcategories, and only when you open those subcategories will you see the text and voice channels. This makes it possible to make a server much clearer.

• Snake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then inside the Sub Categories we can add Voice Channels or Text Channels

• Snake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Servers that have Multiple Games or Things going on that you can expand or keep it hidden to make it look nicer

Example:

Catergoy - Games
    Sub Category - League of Legends
    Sub Category ( 2 ) - CS GO

▼GAMES
    LoL
    cs go

>Games

• Seiro Patience commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ever since they day categories came out, I have been waiting for Sub categories. I roleplay on a a server with 100 channels and it would be amazing if we could have subcategories to keep it more organized and maybe even Sub-Sub-Categories, but that's besides the point

• Newnecker1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be categories in categories in categories etc for those who really want to organise their server in a certain way

• Narathen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, pretty much i'd like to be able to put categories in categories... for example i want to be able to have a category called "General" and put some categories in that category e.g. "Voice" and "Text" and then have the channels in those Sub-Categories. also i think the spacing between the categories is too much... maybe make them a bit closer together.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base