How can we improve Discord?

Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
> Categories
-channels
>Sub-Categories
-channels
(apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

4,428 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Hat Hacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

235 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BoXslaXer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need for my server this thing because we need to classify the games and the partys of the games

• JacenBoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue with this is that it would likely be abused to make an overly convoluted system. One level is plenty.

• OllidwFTW2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need server list categories, just like how we have them on discord now. This would be great to customize lots of things.There should be categories and sub-categories. The sub-categories will fit within categories.

• Landverrader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking exactly the same, I wanted to structure my server like:
    - Chill
    - General
    - Music

- Tryhard
    - LoL
    - CSGO
    - etc.

- Random

But for now I can only do the main categories, which annoys me

• VINNI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This!
    I really really hoped this was coming along with Categories, was a bit let down

• Kenzato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the catagories but i wish we could have sub catagories.

For example

One category about Counter strike with other catagories like Modding section inside of it

• Nyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@OGNovuh
    I am writing this because I got canary and I'm testing it out and realised that you can not place a category inside of another category, if you can then I would appreciate some instructions as to how you would do it as I have been playing around with it for the past 3 hours.

• Nyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

<Categories within categories>
    getting my hand on categories, am I a bit dissapointed by the fact you can't nest them

just removes one layer of I---- brackets ---|
    https://imgur.com/a/cod5i
    as I'm still relying on them

being able to do something like

Gaming
    -Overwatch
    --Text channel
    --Voice Channel
    - Final Fantasy XIV
    --Text Channel
    --Voice channel
    --Raid group 1
    ---Raid discussion
    ---Schedule

etc but basically tiered in 1 or 2 sub tiers would be incredibly helpfull to my community

• Trooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just started testing the channel categories today and an idea came through my mind. Me, for example, I own a gaming community with lots and lots of channels and things to do. Sure, categories would have me have a much cleaner experience and have like a category for League of Legends, one for DOTA, CS, Overwatch, General Discussions, Questions, Fun area etc. BUT, it would help the server feel even cleaner if I could group those categories even further. Like: Have a category called GAMES that contains the categories :League of Legends, DOTA etc., One called FUN for say contain the categories: Memes, Bot fun commands, Funny pictures etc., and so forth. At the end of the day, I would have maybe just 4-5 big categories that contain other sub-categories wich have their channels assigned.

• 4g0tt3nSou1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please ADD!!! as I also stated within DDev's, ALSO PLEASE add free sorting within categories!

I want to be able to pair a voice chan with a text chan directly, yet include multiple other channels in a section!

• DarkMind187 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I can know, categories just have been added in Canary version. But what about ability making categories in categories? I think it will be really cool ability for some Discord channels that have specific and hard structure of talks.

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base