How can we improve Discord?

Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
> Categories
-channels
>Sub-Categories
-channels
(apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

4,360 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Hat Hacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

227 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kenzato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the catagories but i wish we could have sub catagories.

For example

One category about Counter strike with other catagories like Modding section inside of it

• Nyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@OGNovuh
    I am writing this because I got canary and I'm testing it out and realised that you can not place a category inside of another category, if you can then I would appreciate some instructions as to how you would do it as I have been playing around with it for the past 3 hours.

• Nyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

<Categories within categories>
    getting my hand on categories, am I a bit dissapointed by the fact you can't nest them

just removes one layer of I---- brackets ---|
    https://imgur.com/a/cod5i
    as I'm still relying on them

being able to do something like

Gaming
    -Overwatch
    --Text channel
    --Voice Channel
    - Final Fantasy XIV
    --Text Channel
    --Voice channel
    --Raid group 1
    ---Raid discussion
    ---Schedule

etc but basically tiered in 1 or 2 sub tiers would be incredibly helpfull to my community

• Trooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just started testing the channel categories today and an idea came through my mind. Me, for example, I own a gaming community with lots and lots of channels and things to do. Sure, categories would have me have a much cleaner experience and have like a category for League of Legends, one for DOTA, CS, Overwatch, General Discussions, Questions, Fun area etc. BUT, it would help the server feel even cleaner if I could group those categories even further. Like: Have a category called GAMES that contains the categories :League of Legends, DOTA etc., One called FUN for say contain the categories: Memes, Bot fun commands, Funny pictures etc., and so forth. At the end of the day, I would have maybe just 4-5 big categories that contain other sub-categories wich have their channels assigned.

• 4g0tt3nSou1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please ADD!!! as I also stated within DDev's, ALSO PLEASE add free sorting within categories!

I want to be able to pair a voice chan with a text chan directly, yet include multiple other channels in a section!

• DarkMind187 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I can know, categories just have been added in Canary version. But what about ability making categories in categories? I think it will be really cool ability for some Discord channels that have specific and hard structure of talks.

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base